Yonex: MF 62 or VF 97 ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zektoid, Feb 19, 2003.

1. zektoid

zektoid New Member

Computer Science Student at diku.dk
    Hi All.

I am a beginner without a racket.

I am thinking of buying a Yonex MF 62 or VF 97. The VF 97 is 46% more expensive.

Yonex Isometric 62 MF costs 290 danish kr.
    Yonex Isometric VF 97 Titanium costs 425 danish kr.
    Which one is the best and which one shall i buy? Remember i am a beginner :)

(ps. i tried to search the threads. but there was no match with 62 MF and VF 97)

Thanks.

-------------------
    zektoid - www.jonask.dk

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, just really don't like VF series, heavy and lack of "feeling" (control). However, don't have too much experience with MF series.

3. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    The 62 MF is a surprisingly good racquet. Good power range and quite responce. Comparing price this is the better deal.

I happen to just grab this racquet from one of my students, to demonstrate a stroke. When I was hitting a few clears and smashes, I noticed it was quite easy to produce adequate power with this racquet. The VF series makes you work a bit harder to produce comparable power in the shot.

But, cut the factory strings... On both racquets, the factory strings are generic grade, and are poor indication of the racquets abilities.

4. lsgreydvm

lsgreydvm Regular Member

Veterinarian
    Until you find your game, meaning the way you play, wether you are a doubles or singles player, a smasher, a defender, a soft or control type...., then just go and get or borrow a cheap any brand racket. Guaranteed, your first racket won't be your last.