User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, just no longer ago, US athletes complaining East Germany, Soviet Union, and then China of using performance enhancing drug. Now one after one US athletes are caught, what a joke.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, usa complain of cheating from opposing states, ie 'the state' forces drugs on their participants. But for the USA, the individuals choose to partake. So there is some sympathy to be had for 'clean' US athletes, but how many of them are there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To even the playing field...riders are at a disadvantage if they don't do it, kind of sad but that's the way it is so far for pro riders.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triptens View Post
    To even the playing field...riders are at a disadvantage if they don't do it, kind of sad but that's the way it is so far for pro riders.
    And the truly sad part is that this happens in most US pro sports (baseball, football) and this effect trickles down to the college and university levels where aspiring young athletes are subjected to the pressures of performance enhancers like steroids to get themselves onto an even level with the other students who are doing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    And the truly sad part is that this happens in most US pro sports (baseball, football) and this effect trickles down to the college and university levels where aspiring young athletes are subjected to the pressures of performance enhancers like steroids to get themselves onto an even level with the other students who are doing it.
    Yep, that is very true. How about high school seniors? It just gets worse and worse. It's been a long time coming...but they gotta clean up all sports as much as possible.

Health wise, pro sports people has a short shelf life already and an even shorter life span from PEDs.
    Last edited by Triptens; 05-22-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He should have followed this guy to get fit and be ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xtremexn...32/Qcfc3SVv3no

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So here we are a year later, the verdict is in, and all his titles will be erased. Will we ever know the real truth?

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/23/sp...ion/index.html
    Last edited by visor; 08-25-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally think there is a high probability that he used some or all the methods of blood doping that I saw on 60 minutes special about this case. I also think all his relevant competitors were also doping. I still think he is the best tour rider with or without doping, but probably had to dope because other did it too. Not saying it's right or justifiable, just saying I understand it. Anyways it seems like he gets to keep all his money, so who cares in the end.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by V1lau View Post
    I personally think there is a high probability that he used some or all the methods of blood doping that I saw on 60 minutes special about this case. I also think all his relevant competitors were also doping. I still think he is the best tour rider with or without doping, but probably had to dope because other did it too. Not saying it's right or justifiable, just saying I understand it. Anyways it seems like he gets to keep all his money, so who cares in the end.
    Lol, true about the money.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wait for a few weeks and more damaging evidences will appear. There are two types of doping. The most sophisticated dopers with the most money use transfusions. The least sophisticated dopers with the least money use drugs.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Lol, true about the money.
    I thought he had already been sued by a gambling company that had a deal with him to pay a certain amount of millions if he won 3 consecutive tours from 2002-2004/ or just win the tour in any of these years ... They want their money back!

If Hincapie, his lieutenant, and probably closest to him in the pack iirc, is one of the accusers how much doubt can you still have?? Probably shouldn't have been promised immunity to take away some uncertainty about the motivation for his statements ...
    And just like Schleck got "training schedules" from "Dr". Fuentes, Armstrong was visiting "Dr." Ferrari, the expert on EPO ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 08-26-2012 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His TdF titles stripped by who???..

Whilst i was still in London, heard there's a talk that it will be a battle with UCI/WADA..
    LA could probably care less abt the current decision and will wait it out & let it all play out between USADA and WADA/UCI...why waste the effort & resources..

Another thing, why the decision to strip all his TdF titles & ban him permanently now?..

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    Another thing, why the decision to strip all his TdF titles & ban him permanently now?..
    Read somewhere that when he came out of retirement in 2010, the statute of limitations was reset and allowed WADA to review all his previous years again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regarding the statute of limitations issue, here's a link to an article (seems like USADA has found a loophole in withholding information from Armstrong? ):
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lega...-against-usada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got 3 silly question..
    1) is lance armstrong a " super cheater on drug test "? (after so long )
    2) is the testers of illegal drugs " super lousy testers "? (after so long )
    3) the next best competitors who got the titles.. will they really be proud n happy to receive the titles.. ( they got the titles, due to foul play by the one in front )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thomastan View Post
    i got 3 silly question..
    3) the next best competitors who got the titles.. will they really be proud n happy to receive the titles.. ( they got the titles, due to foul play by the one in front )
    I believe the next 50 are also doping. After 20 years of investigation, the 51th best will finally get his well deserved title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I think whether he was using drugs or not, he still managed to be a beacon of inspiration and hope for many. So...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast