Tickets for World Championship 2011, Wembley

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by mcdogoo, Sep 2, 2010.

1. mcdogoo

mcdogoo Regular Member

I am going to the watch World Championship 2011 at Wembley.
    Trying to get tickets from www.ticketmaster.co.uk/

Never purchase tickets from www.ticketmaster.co.uk/ and find the navigation confusing. Hope someone here can enlighten me.

1. I would assume the lower tier, N8 and S8 block, being closest to the only playing court would have the best view. Am I correct?

2. Why can't I get lower tier tickets for Saturday and Sunday? Being sold out?

cheers

Mcd

2. Amirfoto

Amirfoto Regular Member

self employed
    i want to know if they allow photography at the world championship? any limitation on lens size or tripods?

3. mcdogoo

mcdogoo Regular Member

Just bought tickets from www.ticketmaster.co.uk/

It was not like buying cinema tickets at all, whereby you could see all the available seats and pick the desired ones.

I had no choice in picking the exact seats and was given different seats every time I tried.
    It was a tedious process and I never got seats for N8 and S8, which are the closest to the playing court.

I was given the several seats on N7 (upper tier), directly above N8 and also seats on S10 (lower tier), which is adjacent to S8. I was quite pleased with S10, row D and bought them.

Hope this would help people who also find this sort of buying confusing.

As for SLR and lenses, I am sure they don't mind if you just bring your normal telephoto lens.
    Of course you would know that no flashes allowed.

Not sure about tripod though, maybe a monopod?

If you get to sit behind me, I will let you use my shoulder as a rest as I am quite sturdy :D