User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe taneepak made an excellent comment, feel and vibration are to two different things. i must also mention all this write up about racquet feel is very subjective. everyone is different and so is the racquet to each person. there many other variables, eg. string pattern, quality of string job, grommet quality, etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most vibrations players feel come from the strings, not from the frame. A low modulus graphite frame with thin strings strung at high tension will vibrate badly, but on an ultra high modulus graphite frame (Li Ning N55) there will be no vibrations.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cephas_chan View Post
    Bro taneepak, maybe you can enlighten us on the vibration test using table or bench?
    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I will explain in detail at the appropriate time. BTW, this simple and quick test is actually a real QC test employed by almost all Japanese OEM racket manufacturers.
    There may be a potential problem here unless I get the go-ahead from all of you with no objections from anyone. The reason is that this test may have implications for those who sell rackets here. I may even get sued!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe all these vibration stuff mainly comes from the string not so much on the racket shaft.
    unless you are using a super flex shaft...

higher tension string u feel more vibration compare to lower string tension...
    wats your tots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    There may be a potential problem here unless I get the go-ahead from all of you with no objections from anyone. The reason is that this test may have implications for those who sell rackets here. I may even get sued!
    PM me if you feel uncomfortable to post it publicly. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, I tink we are a bit off topic cos ultimately, the racket handle is where we will get all the vibes. So dun need to consider whether other factors like string, grommet etc..but 1 impt factor which will affect the vibes would be the rubber or cloth...I meant the replacement grip or overgrip...so consider this factor in your experience or comment. Thanks! So example, which racket have the highest damping factor which cos the inert characteristic when you play with it or which racket has the least damping factor which makes u all vibes up..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a Yonex NS9900 SP 3UG5 and it just vibrates too much for such an expensive racket, aren't expensive racket suppose to feel good when hit ? Needless to say I got tennis elbow right after playing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smash-Tajam View Post
    I got a Yonex NS9900 SP 3UG5 and it just vibrates too much for such an expensive racket, aren't expensive racket suppose to feel good when hit ? Needless to say I got tennis elbow right after playing it.
    9900 is stiff. However, it's not the racket that gives you your tennis elbow. It's the mismatch between your technique and racket setup. Playing with a tension that is too high gives you tennis elbow. A stiffer racket accentuates that. It so happens that most more expensive rackets are stiffer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smash-Tajam View Post
    I don't feel it like a rattle snake....tried it before, string tension 25lbs, thin overgrip, 3UG4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ns9900 vibrates as well. But it only vibrates when i execute an explosive smash/clear. Else most of the time, there isn't much vibrations. The vibration is relatively more significant as compared to my at900t and arc8dx. So to answer this thread's question, imo, vibration might be a good thing. It tells me that i'm hitting a real powerful stroke. And no, I don't get tennis elbow after that with BG66M or NBG98@25lbs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2