User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 131
  1. #103
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bukit Merah View
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YangYang View Post
    u play today men double final and lost?
    I think they lost to the champion pair during the semi-finals!

    And celebrated that they lost to a deserving pair... Die with no regrets.... Hahah...

  2. #104
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    eh? I tot jian won? 2 person with same name?

  3. #105
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sinapore Yishun
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    eh? I tot jian won? 2 person with same name?
    I see. that is why the message come out very confusing.

  4. #106
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chong Pang
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twister girl View Post
    I think they lost to the champion pair during the semi-finals!

    And celebrated that they lost to a deserving pair... Die with no regrets.... Hahah...
    For sure they lost to the deserving pair with no regrets because the champion is too good for them, no fight at all.
    First match of man double in the semi final was very entertaining and interesting match, but second match was not so interesting. I had been observing the older pair played on Saturday, they are skillful and experience and calm players but they were off form during the semi final round. Base on my view, they are at the upper hand to take the younger pair but unfortunity they didn't perform well.
    I believe the final should be more interesting between the young and the old.

  5. #107
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indonesia / Singapore
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both Jian & LAN are still young. In fact, this is their first time pairing. On paper they should be able to beat the older pair and they did . So, no surprises here.

    As for the final, Tang King is a good player. I like his style ...

  6. #108
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bukit Merah View
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepperlunch View Post
    For sure they lost to the deserving pair with no regrets because the champion is too good for them, no fight at all.
    First match of man double in the semi final was very entertaining and interesting match, but second match was not so interesting. I had been observing the older pair played on Saturday, they are skillful and experience and calm players but they were off form during the semi final round. Base on my view, they are at the upper hand to take the younger pair but unfortunity they didn't perform well.
    I believe the final should be more interesting between the young and the old.
    I didn't think that they are no fight at all against the champs! Just that they are probably off form and nervous. Also, the champs are much younger, faster and more powerful than their semi-finals opponent!

    The fact is they managed to get into finals with a fight! Unless you say that winning the older pair is too easy? So they do have their strength!

    Hey! Why not come to twister and try playing against them? I'm sure you will enjoy!
    Last edited by Twister girl; 11-01-2010 at 09:39 AM.

  7. #109
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    whoa... making me itch to come also. lol. Just kidding.

    So, in MD Final Tang/Tan beat Huang/Chan?

  8. #110
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sinapore Yishun
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    whoa... making me itch to come also. lol. Just kidding.

    So, in MD Final Tang/Tan beat Huang/Chan?
    Yes, u r right. Huang/Chan seem to be nervous and make alot of mistake in final. Tang/Tan is more experience pair.

  9. #111
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indonesia / Singapore
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    come lor extreme ...

    you came once few years ago, didnt you? when we had friendly-match with ex boonlay cc.

  10. #112
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh. I think like I said, the shorter one is the weak link. This Tan can be considered improved tremendously. Good work. He used to be like a monkey jumping around smashing into the net and outside the court when he first started in ChongPang. The training and exposures must have work wonders for him.

    So long already.. Aiya... timing problem now. Since coaching no time. Unless you organise another one with the Boonlay guys on saturday evening. But now, I notice many boonlay guys are having bigger tummies... true?

  11. #113
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chong Pang
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do agreed with you that they were off form and nervous during their final match, I view it differently because they are inexperience, young and no solution to overcome the opponent strategy of play. Both finalist are young, fast and powerful so I feel that both are equal.
    No doubt about it that they went into the final round and they won the semi final round too easily. I can't see their strength completely because they won the older without much effect, can see the older pair was off form. When they played with the champion they played badly.
    Thank you for inviting me to play with you, but considering my age I no longer can compete with you young man. I am a retired old man and I play leisurely with my old friends.
    Please don't get offended, that is my own view in the whole tournament.

  12. #114
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chong Pang
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jurong_twister View Post
    Both Jian & LAN are still young. In fact, this is their first time pairing. On paper they should be able to beat the older pair and they did . So, no surprises here.

    As for the final, Tang King is a good player. I like his style ...
    Hi Jurong_twister,
    Jian and LAN are first time pairing? I doubt so because the way they play can see that they have been pairing for a long time.
    Tournament is about skills, experience, strategies, etc and not base on paper. Since you had watched the match, you should know the whole result.

  13. #115
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Colin,

    You mailbox is full. Just in case. Side track a bit hor...

    Chong Pang CC is open to public (7.30pm Tuesday). Please write down these names in case I am not free to play. I don't go very often unless there is a tournament. Lazy bugger. hehe. Ask for Eng Keat or Mr Lim. Pay $6 before you play.

    At times, there are people who resent new players, just don't get bothered about it and just play. Get to know them slowly and they will welcome you more.

    tks

  14. #116
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bukit Merah View
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepperlunch View Post
    I do agreed with you that they were off form and nervous during their final match, I view it differently because they are inexperience, young and no solution to overcome the opponent strategy of play. Both finalist are young, fast and powerful so I feel that both are equal.
    No doubt about it that they went into the final round and they won the semi final round too easily. I can't see their strength completely because they won the older without much effect, can see the older pair was off form. When they played with the champion they played badly.
    Thank you for inviting me to play with you, but considering my age I no longer can compete with you young man. I am a retired old man and I play leisurely with my old friends.
    Please don't get offended, that is my own view in the whole tournament.
    I think Huang/Chan pair needs alot more tournament experience! I think Jurong_Twister meant they are first time pairing for formal tournament.
    I guess pairing for tournament is really different from regular games...

    Yang Yang is right! Tang/Tan is a more experienced and steady pair! Impressive play! Lots of wows and woos! Thumbs up for the winners!!
    Last edited by Twister girl; 11-01-2010 at 12:05 PM.

  15. #117
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepperlunch View Post
    Hi Jurong_twister,
    Jian and LAN are first time pairing? I doubt so because the way they play can see that they have been pairing for a long time.
    Tournament is about skills, experience, strategies, etc and not base on paper. Since you had watched the match, you should know the whole result.
    we are first time pairing for tournament. thanks for all the comment given to us, i appreiciate it. i will work hard to play a better tournament. we realli lack of exp cause we nv partner for tournament before. thanks again.

  16. #118
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bukit Merah View
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Oh. I think like I said, the shorter one is the weak link. This Tan can be considered improved tremendously. Good work. He used to be like a monkey jumping around smashing into the net and outside the court when he first started in ChongPang. The training and exposures must have work wonders for him.

    So long already.. Aiya... timing problem now. Since coaching no time. Unless you organise another one with the Boonlay guys on saturday evening. But now, I notice many boonlay guys are having bigger tummies... true?
    Think badminton is also about how hard you train!! Of course, each have their own potential!
    Just imagine! These youngsters can do more in years to come!!

    Haha... BTW, I think if the boonlay guys see this, they laugh with agreement!! Oops....
    But I think not all of them la.....
    Last edited by Twister girl; 11-01-2010 at 12:03 PM.

  17. #119
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi all, i thanks all for all the comments, i read through what you guys wrote about us especially me, haha. i will train hard for the next tournament to come. i really appreciate all the comments. this is a good learning experience for me, i will bring all this experience with me and ask my coach for solution to help me become a better player. hope to see you guys for the coming tournament and lastly thanks for all the support.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Social play at chong pang cc
    By peifa in forum Singapore
    Replies: 0
    : 03-26-2012, 04:07 AM
  2. Player wanted at Chong Pang CC
    By davidquah in forum Singapore
    Replies: 0
    : 03-06-2012, 08:45 PM
  3. Need players - Chong Pang CC
    By davidquah in forum Singapore
    Replies: 4
    : 08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
  4. Chong Pang CC
    By davidquah in forum Singapore
    Replies: 0
    : 09-21-2010, 10:52 PM
  5. Chong Pang CC
    By thevan in forum Singapore
    Replies: 33
    : 06-08-2009, 08:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •