User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YangYang View Post
    u play today men double final and lost?
    I think they lost to the champion pair during the semi-finals!

And celebrated that they lost to a deserving pair... Die with no regrets.... Hahah...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh? I tot jian won? 2 person with same name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    eh? I tot jian won? 2 person with same name?
    I see. that is why the message come out very confusing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twister girl View Post
    I think they lost to the champion pair during the semi-finals!

And celebrated that they lost to a deserving pair... Die with no regrets.... Hahah...
    For sure they lost to the deserving pair with no regrets because the champion is too good for them, no fight at all.
    First match of man double in the semi final was very entertaining and interesting match, but second match was not so interesting. I had been observing the older pair played on Saturday, they are skillful and experience and calm players but they were off form during the semi final round. Base on my view, they are at the upper hand to take the younger pair but unfortunity they didn't perform well.
    I believe the final should be more interesting between the young and the old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Jian & LAN are still young. In fact, this is their first time pairing. On paper they should be able to beat the older pair and they did . So, no surprises here.

As for the final, Tang King is a good player. I like his style ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperlunch View Post
    For sure they lost to the deserving pair with no regrets because the champion is too good for them, no fight at all.
    First match of man double in the semi final was very entertaining and interesting match, but second match was not so interesting. I had been observing the older pair played on Saturday, they are skillful and experience and calm players but they were off form during the semi final round. Base on my view, they are at the upper hand to take the younger pair but unfortunity they didn't perform well.
    I believe the final should be more interesting between the young and the old.
    I didn't think that they are no fight at all against the champs! Just that they are probably off form and nervous. Also, the champs are much younger, faster and more powerful than their semi-finals opponent!

The fact is they managed to get into finals with a fight! Unless you say that winning the older pair is too easy? So they do have their strength!

Hey! Why not come to twister and try playing against them? I'm sure you will enjoy!
    Last edited by Twister girl; 11-01-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa... making me itch to come also. lol. Just kidding.

So, in MD Final Tang/Tan beat Huang/Chan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa... making me itch to come also. lol. Just kidding.

So, in MD Final Tang/Tan beat Huang/Chan?
    Yes, u r right. Huang/Chan seem to be nervous and make alot of mistake in final. Tang/Tan is more experience pair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come lor extreme ...

you came once few years ago, didnt you? when we had friendly-match with ex boonlay cc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. I think like I said, the shorter one is the weak link. This Tan can be considered improved tremendously. Good work. He used to be like a monkey jumping around smashing into the net and outside the court when he first started in ChongPang. The training and exposures must have work wonders for him.

So long already.. Aiya... timing problem now. Since coaching no time. Unless you organise another one with the Boonlay guys on saturday evening. But now, I notice many boonlay guys are having bigger tummies... true?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do agreed with you that they were off form and nervous during their final match, I view it differently because they are inexperience, young and no solution to overcome the opponent strategy of play. Both finalist are young, fast and powerful so I feel that both are equal.
    No doubt about it that they went into the final round and they won the semi final round too easily. I can't see their strength completely because they won the older without much effect, can see the older pair was off form. When they played with the champion they played badly.
    Thank you for inviting me to play with you, but considering my age I no longer can compete with you young man. I am a retired old man and I play leisurely with my old friends.
    Please don't get offended, that is my own view in the whole tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jurong_twister View Post
    Both Jian & LAN are still young. In fact, this is their first time pairing. On paper they should be able to beat the older pair and they did . So, no surprises here.

As for the final, Tang King is a good player. I like his style ...
    Hi Jurong_twister,
    Jian and LAN are first time pairing? I doubt so because the way they play can see that they have been pairing for a long time.
    Tournament is about skills, experience, strategies, etc and not base on paper. Since you had watched the match, you should know the whole result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Colin,

You mailbox is full. Just in case. Side track a bit hor...

Chong Pang CC is open to public (7.30pm Tuesday). Please write down these names in case I am not free to play. I don't go very often unless there is a tournament. Lazy bugger. hehe. Ask for Eng Keat or Mr Lim. Pay $6 before you play.

At times, there are people who resent new players, just don't get bothered about it and just play. Get to know them slowly and they will welcome you more.

tks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do agreed with you that they were off form and nervous during their final match, I view it differently because they are inexperience, young and no solution to overcome the opponent strategy of play. Both finalist are young, fast and powerful so I feel that both are equal.
    No doubt about it that they went into the final round and they won the semi final round too easily. I can't see their strength completely because they won the older without much effect, can see the older pair was off form. When they played with the champion they played badly.
    Thank you for inviting me to play with you, but considering my age I no longer can compete with you young man. I am a retired old man and I play leisurely with my old friends.
    Please don't get offended, that is my own view in the whole tournament.
    I think Huang/Chan pair needs alot more tournament experience! I think Jurong_Twister meant they are first time pairing for formal tournament.
    I guess pairing for tournament is really different from regular games...

Yang Yang is right! Tang/Tan is a more experienced and steady pair! Impressive play! Lots of wows and woos! Thumbs up for the winners!!
    Last edited by Twister girl; 11-01-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jurong_twister,
    Jian and LAN are first time pairing? I doubt so because the way they play can see that they have been pairing for a long time.
    Tournament is about skills, experience, strategies, etc and not base on paper. Since you had watched the match, you should know the whole result.
    we are first time pairing for tournament. thanks for all the comment given to us, i appreiciate it. i will work hard to play a better tournament. we realli lack of exp cause we nv partner for tournament before. thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. I think like I said, the shorter one is the weak link. This Tan can be considered improved tremendously. Good work. He used to be like a monkey jumping around smashing into the net and outside the court when he first started in ChongPang. The training and exposures must have work wonders for him.

So long already.. Aiya... timing problem now. Since coaching no time. Unless you organise another one with the Boonlay guys on saturday evening. But now, I notice many boonlay guys are having bigger tummies... true?
    Think badminton is also about how hard you train!! Of course, each have their own potential!
    Just imagine! These youngsters can do more in years to come!!

Haha... BTW, I think if the boonlay guys see this, they laugh with agreement!! Oops....
    But I think not all of them la.....
    Last edited by Twister girl; 11-01-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all, i thanks all for all the comments, i read through what you guys wrote about us especially me, haha. i will train hard for the next tournament to come. i really appreciate all the comments. this is a good learning experience for me, i will bring all this experience with me and ask my coach for solution to help me become a better player. hope to see you guys for the coming tournament and lastly thanks for all the support.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast