Cai Yun / Fu Hai Feng - Who is more sympatic?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Cheetah, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    So I'd like to hear what you think about them. Who is more sympatic?

I actually met the two and I had a little conversation with them. Before meeting the two I always thought that FHF is nicer and so on. But when I really met them and asked FHF some questions, he seemed to be quite annoyed. Of course, I can understand him to be tired after winning the WC title and it was late night. So I thought that's why he looked that annoyed
    However CY seemed to be quite happy and he answered all the questions with a smile. He was really kind.

So the next day, I got to meet them again and of course I would ask more questions. For example getting their shirt. (which I really got in the end)
    As soon as I asked FHF for his shirt he was really annoyed. He was pretty arrogant the whole time. On the other hand CY was very kind again. He indeed gave me his shirt later that night. CY, of whom I always thought to be arrogant, was the exact opposite.

Of course, I am still a really big fan of CY/FHF but somehow I have a new feeling about FHF. They still are the world's #1 pair and FHF will always be the #1 smasher, IMO, but as I already said he was quite arrogant.

So what do you think. Have you ever met FHF / CY.? Do you have the same feeling about FHF or not.?

gr Cheetah

2. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    You cant judge someone base on a 5 minutes meeting , and to say he is arrogant without actually knowing him that my friend is wrong.

3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    there must be hundred if not thousand fans who try to talk & get near to them.

some might feel comfortable with that.

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Annoyed and arrogant? Can you give any example on what they said to you so that we can judge? :)
    But Cai Yun seems like a nice person. :)

5. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    many players out there doing like FHF do...
    they more likely won't answer or even look at you if so many fans around him,but if u talk to them when there only 1 or 2 fans i believe they will be nicer...

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    they are humans. Which means that they have their own attitudes. ;)

7. fengyunfan

fengyunfan Regular Member

Regarding your question, frankly speaking, as a Cai&Fu fan, I could not tell.

I met them once. During this year's TC, I and my friends stayed at the hotel where China national team stayed, thus we met them twice at the lobby after the match. Both are kind and friendly. When I took picture for my friends with Fu& Cai, Cai even asked me to take a picture with them next, and Fu asked my friends when we'd be back to China. One of us asked for a shirt, Fu explained the shirts had been given to fans on court, if we insisted, he could only take off the shirt he was wearing(of cause it was a joke).

I also met Cai and Fu separately during Chinese Badminton Super League when they came to Shenzhen with their clubs, I gave presents to them, and both said thanks to me politely. That's all.

But I also heard some Chinese fans complained that Fu refused them when they asked for idiograph on court, that's the reason why I could not revert back to you with clear conclusion that he is not arrogant. As far as I could tell, Fu is shy and introvert, sometimes he may get nervous and hide himself behind the cool face while facing many strangers.

8. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yes, basically I don't think Fu is arrogant. Remember that time we met them at lobby at night after they defeated Malaysia? I still remembered Cai was rushing to the washroom, haha... That time, Fu was more talkative than Cai. After Cai came out from the washroom, he looks shy. In contrast, Fu talked more with us. I am just curious because as what I know Fu is supposed be the type of shy person. :D Anyway, from my meeting with Cai/Fu during the TUC this year, I don't think they are arrogant, they are so nice. Hmm... maybe they treat females and males differently! Haha.... :D

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    So, the conclusion is when meeting FHF, wear a skirt. lol. ;)

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    fhf is a quiet person
    cy more out going

fhf speak very little unless he know u well

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i've met both players, even took pics with them, during the 2005 WC. As far as i can recall, both are pretty reserved, i won't say quiet type. But i think you can start a conversation easily with Cai Yun than FHF.
    What kind of questions did you ask FHF?..and to Cai Yun?..

12. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Probably something annoying and silly like ''' can I have your shirt and can you sign it for me and the racket as well ?'' or ''how did you hit that 303km/h smash? ''

I never met them for more so I cant judge but what I can see from media and interviews is that CY is more open and have much more experience in handling fans and medias questions , he always seem to answer them as thoroughly as possible with a smile . And FHF is more conserve (some would say shy) and he does not seem like to enjoy answering questions and replied with quick short answers and get it done with asap , it is all depend on people personality. I can see that I would be annoyed if people keep asking me the same questions and asking for shirts , rackets etc.

13. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    Well I didn't meet them for only 5 minutes. I spent 2 hours with them together.

A friend of mine (born in guangdong) asked FHF for his shirt. He answered in a quite weird way. I don't speak cantonese but when I heard how he answered I knew immediately that he was angry and annoyed.

I thought that FHF is just shy and so on. But I think he is sometimes shy, yes, but a bit arrogant as well

14. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    I asked FHF if he can give me his shirt. How he feels right now that he won the WC 2010. And what tension he is using

I asked CY if he can give me his shirt. If they have been in Berlin before. What they have planned for the time being in Berlin.

15. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

dude, I think he is annoyed with males. lol... he was so different when we asked for shirts during TUC2010. :D He talked in a polite way that his shirts were all given out as fenyunfan said.

16. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    Can't be that friend of mine is a girl ;)

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    FU is stern... Cai Yun is more outgoing and hospitable.. Both of them are not arrogant. Once u know FU.. he is VERY as in VERY talkative and very humorous. A Joker..

18. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

what about skin color? haha....

19. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    I don't doubt that FHF is talkactive once you know him.

20. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    xD well as chinese as possible. (Born in guangdong)