Which is Stiffest?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by procheese, Sep 4, 2010.

1. procheese

procheese Regular Member

Outta these rackets, which would be the stiffest / most demanding? Which one the least and where do the others place?

Zelm Powerplay 10000
    Panda Power Ultra 2
    Panda Power Trinity 2
    Ti10
    Victor Super Waves 35
    Mizuno Tetracross 700
    Nanospeed 9900
    Arcsaber 8DX
    Tantrum 200
    Lethal 70

2. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
  3. procheese

procheese Regular Member

Yes, but I want a comparison of mainly the SW35 and the rackets that are very stiff because I own a Sw35, but want to know if I can handle other stiff rackets like the ones listed above.

4. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    If you can handle the SW35, the rest shouldn't be an issue as the SW35 is the stiffest racquet Victor has (don't believe the rating for the Spira 21, it isn't ultra stiff).

In terms of usability, I find the SW35 easier to use than TC700. Actually the SW35 is probably one of the best racquet out there, so if you are very comfortable with it, stick to it.

5. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    the most stiffest are Arcsaber 8DX n Lethal 70

6. val_tamse

val_tamse Regular Member

tesco/chef
    most is arc8DX/least apacs tantrum 200

7. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Have you really tried out all the rackets stated by the OP?

Are you sure the Arc8DX and Lethal 70 is the stiffest of the lot?

8. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Oh yes, absolutely agree with everything you said about SiW35. Actually I was hoping for someone to confirm my inner doubts. But SiW 35 simply is the best; it's better than TC700 imo too. Nonetheless, I have reservations as my inclinations might be bias, however, you just said it....

Btw, I hope you have Sotx WOVEN 16 as well. If you do, please tell me how you compare TC700 to WOVEN 16 to RSL X3 Gold to SiW 35 (if you have all those rackets!).

Oh weeyeh might disagree with TC700 falling a step behind though it is a very good one too up there:D.

Cheers,
    RvS

#8 RSLvictorSOTX, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  9. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Yup ArcSaber 8DX and Nanospeed 9900 are "very stiff"

10. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Never tried the Woven 16 but if I am not wrong, it is a very flexible racquet (according to the specs). SOTX seems to go against the grain as their most expensive racquet (Woven 16) is actually the most flexible when almost every brand's most expensive racquet is their stiffest.

Tried the X3 Gold for a while but the X2/X3 racquets are really acquired taste as they feel different from other racquet. I don't know how to describe it, the feel is kinda detached and inert.

What I like about the SW35 is that you can really feel the power you put in, the feedback is good and you feel that every ounce of energy you use is not wasted. Some racquets feels like it absorbs your energy and gives little back.

The TC700 is a really great racquet but it is more demanding. If you are able to consistently hit the sweet spot and you have the ability to utilize it, the "kick" that it gives you is very satisfying. Maybe because the SW35 is head heavier than the TC700 so the head heaviness aids in bending the stiff shaft thereby helping in the power generation.

The SW35 is so good for me that I bought another one without hesitation which is something that I don't do.

11. RSLvictorSOTX

Well yes and though they fulfill the stiff department mighty and heavily, it just didn't tick all the boxes for me:).

12. RSLvictorSOTX

You mean TC700 is somewhere near Arc ZS?

I own a WOVEN 16 and it is stiff alright, of course it is nowhere near SiW35 but I'm afraid I'd be biased so needed a second opinion (unlike SiW 35, I don't need a second opinion:D.). Imo, WOVEN 16 is somewhere near ArcZS in the stiffness rating, stiff but not quite...you know.

I have the X2 and loved it, then borrowed the X3 because I thought it would be an upgrade but I like X2 better; just a tad stiffer. All I get from the X2 and X3 feedbacks are mixed but I stand by my X2 as the better of the two.

#12 RSLvictorSOTX, Sep 5, 2010
  13. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    The Woven 16 can't be stiff as the stiffness rating is 8.5 - 9.0, maybe the one you have is 8.5.

The RSL X2/X3 are hard hitter also but after I tried a few of their X2 and also tested the X3, I just can't get used to the feel and hence sold the racquet. In fact, the best RSL racquet I have used is actually the Heat 9500 !

14. RSLvictorSOTX

Never tried the Heat series. Started trying with X1, X2 & X3, decided X2 is for me so I kept one.

Yep, I would say ZS is about the same with WOVEN 16 in stiffness (so, 8.5 must be it).

So, TC700 comparable to ZS in your opinion or they're different beasts?

#14 RSLvictorSOTX, Sep 5, 2010
  15. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    They are different in my opinion. Have not tried a racquet that is similar to TC700.

I have the Gosen Issen which I thought might be similar as it uses Quadriaxial carbon fibre which sounds like Tetraxial but it is different. It is more flexy and doesn't have that kick of the TC700.

16. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Aik!! It's okay. I understand that not everyone need to be crazy over the TC700. Personally, I cannot compare since I only had a few strokes with teoky's SW35.

I agree with that. The Z is definitely a faster racket than the TC700. My problem with it is that the flex that gives it the power decreases the directional control I'd like to have when defending. That, to me, is the critical problem. Speed is only needed when defending. Take away control, you are taking a bet on the returning shot. The TC700 strikes the best balance for me. Throw in the kick, it easily out smashes the Z. There is sufficient speed in the racket and directional control is yummy.

Both rackets has small sweetspots. The TC700's sweetspot is slightly smaller.

17. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I don't think Z slash is that flexy. The Z slash is quite stiff but it may feel flexy because it is quite top loaded which helps bend the shaft. I bet the swing weight of the Z slash is quite high.

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    What about the Woven7? I've found it to be more stiff than any other fly-swatter I've laid a hand on. Or are you only interested in recent models?

19. RSLvictorSOTX

Well, haven't played with the Woven 7 so can't compare, although the comparisons have always been with 7,8 & 9.

My ONLY resolution as to why I bought the 16 is because of its woven frame and shaft and it played out quite nicely for me.

If I were to attest to rigidity only then I'd say NS9900 is the best. However, overall performance draws me towards SiW 35.

weeyeh, I find the ZS better in the smashing department compared to TC700, all else are somehow pretty even. On the other hand, I find the opposite but only ever so slightly, that is, ZS has a smaller sweetspot than TC700:D.

teoky, of course ZS is pretty stiff but it is about the same to Woven 16 imo. However, comparing ZS' and Woven 16 to that of TC700, SiW35 and NS9900 is another totally different story!

20. procheese

procheese Regular Member

Thanks guys, I was wondering just how much I can handle just in case i wanted a new racket, but not in the near future cause the SW35 is amazing.