How long are North American Warrantys?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by x0alex0x, Sep 4, 2010.

1. x0alex0x

x0alex0x Regular Member

Several months ago, I got a chip that wasn't that large. Anyways, Today I was playing for about a good 3 hours before I did a drive which slightly hit the chipped part and I noticed that my racket deformed... The part where there was a tiny chip snapped D:!
    Anyways, I have warranty but I'm wandering how long does the North American Warranty last? I had my racket for 8 months! Some people tell me that it's half a year, and others tell me it's a full year : ( Can I send it in for "Defective Product"?:confused:

2. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Since your racket was chipped (assuming from a clash), then I don't think Yonex will replace your racket. Its worth a try though.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Depends on the code. I believe US code is 1 year, and CD code is 6 months, if you purchased from authorized deal 1st handed (means, no ebay, craglist, or 2nd used, etc). If yours is other regional coded, you have to deal with the retailor from the original purchased place.

Also, even though Yonex NA is very generous, but in theory, a damaged racket caused by mis-usage (i.e. clash), or bad strung job, etc, usually are not covered. The best way is to contact the retailor where you made the purchase (assume its from an authorized dealer), and see if they can help.