Klippermate last cross

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Kevin402can, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Kevin402can

Kevin402can Regular Member

The hold down clamp really gets in the way of the last cross. So last night I pulled tension and clamped the second last cross and then removed the hold down. I held the racket with down with my hand and then pulled tension on the last cross by hooking the string to my calibration scale and pulling by hand. With my third hand I then clamped off. Worked like a charm.
    Kevin

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Adjust the mounting is the last thing you want to do when string rackets. Even if you can "hold it down" using hand, or 2nd person, etc, it will easily creat uneven balance, which will damage the racket. I posted my suggested alternative way with my reply in your earlier thread: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?88799-Eag-300

3. Kevin402can

Kevin402can Regular Member

Hello Lazybuddy,
    Yes I did read your suggestion. I don't think it is really possible to create an imbalance pulling one last cross. The racket is totally strung at that point except for one last cross. I think that your suggestion is good but by doing it my way I pull tension on every string and clamp it instead of having to pull tension on two strings and my last cross to knot distance is shorter.
    regrds
    Kevin

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    What I meant for "imbalance" is not regarding string tension. I was referring to the structure stress to the racket frame.