Carlton Power trail Viper, is it fake or just old model

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kes205, Sep 5, 2010.

1. kes205

kes205 New Member

scientist
    Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has ever heard of a carlton power trail viper racket. Just bought the racket for my daughter who has just taken up badminton and it was reasonably cheap in sportsdirect and she liked the feel of it. However just tried to find the racket on the internet and cant find it anywhere. Just wondered if its either a really old carlton racket or is not really a carlton racket. Did find a vapour trail viper but not a power trail viper. Any information would be apreciated.

cheers

Kes

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I wouldn't worry. Sports direct own the carlton brand so I wouldn't worry about it being fake.

There are a plethora of lower end rackets & they change frequently, I would geuess they make no more than a couple hundred of each, since at that end repeat buys are extremely unlikely.

3. neonataku

neonataku Regular Member

Mobile App QA
    Hi Kes,

I'm in a similar situation as you.

Instead I am trying to find some information on the Vapour Trail Viper.

Can you please point me in a direction to which I can look up more details on the Vapor Trail Viper please?

4. jordanbryant

jordanbryant Regular Member

none
    basicaly the vapour trail viper and the power trail viper are the same racket (i think) they are genuine carlton rackets but they are discontinued so if you get it then hardly any of your mates will have it lol :D a good racket to play with because im currently using it and it's cheap :)

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Isn't it typical of Carlton to have basically the same racket only offered in 3 different headshapes? In this case optimetric for the Vapour Viper and isometric for the Power Viper (plus I see the Vapour is 670mm and the Power 665mm) ... Anyhow it's been 6 months :D Where do you dig up all these old posts?? :p

6. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    my friend bought the power trail viper (and now in my bag since he does not have a badminton bag :p)
    yes, it's iso head shape, medium stiff, even balance, and 665mm long

you can still find it if you check sports direct :)

7. jordanbryant

jordanbryant Regular Member

none
    i got mine from sports direct about 5 months ago and it's still in great condition, great racket to play with all around :)