Polo shirts

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Chia, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    Do polo shirts make a difference?

Such as Yonex Polo shirts, do they offer better cooling, etc.

Replys would be great,
    thanks

2. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    I'm not sure about cooling. But it does improve your aerodynamics. Especially when the colar is up.:p
    It also makes you look cooler. :cool:

3. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    Don't they make you hotter then regular t-shirts?

4. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    lol, it makes you look like a pro. But i am not to sure about the aerodynamics, couldn't u just wear a really tight shirt or go skins?

5. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    Hrm.. that's true... topless is the way to go..... I mean.. you won't get too hot... you'll be aerodynamic... you won't have to carry the weight of the shirt......

Come to think of it.. pro's wear those shirts just to make themselves look good!

6. LinDanTruCool

LinDanTruCool Regular Member

Purchaser
    Yes you all correct...Yonex polo shirts polyester Tru Cool allows cooling and the design is superb make u look cool & pro like Lin Dan

7. mkwanster

mkwanster Regular Member

IT System Administrator
    where can one get the ones worn by pros? I would like to get a Gade, D Lin, or my name on it (customized of course)

8. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    to get the ones with the pros names on them you would have to ask them for it at a tournament, as for getting one of your own with your own name then you would have to be sponsored and playing for the national team or playing tournaments and representing your country to get them officially.

If you wanted them unofficially im sure you could just get it printed up somewhere and then you would technically have your own but its just not the same not to mention wouldnt feel right about doing that and not getting it the real way through skills in badminton.

9. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    The truth about shirts:

Your shirt will not make a difference. It will likely not even feel different. Go with what you are comfortable with. Often, what you perceive to be a 'nice' shirt will also increase your self-confidence... that is the only worth to fancy shirts I feel, given the price. I have tried every shirt in the book. Our teams have been given all of the climacools, cotton shirts, track suits and hoodies and warm-ups and zip-ups of every variety. I can honestly say that I have tried just about every type of badminton clothing there is.

My verdict? I am actually most comfortable in a cotton t-shirt, men's style because the longer sleeves give me something to wipe my head on on court. Regular shorts are fine.

So spending $80 on a shirt will not make you feel cooler in the temperature sense, I guarantee it. Taking your shirt off will. However, it may make you feel cooler from a self-esteem perspective, and if that is what you need to play well, then by all means go for it.

10. mkwanster

mkwanster Regular Member

IT System Administrator
    if I take the shirt off, then all the hot chicks would swamp me.....just kidding :p

11. smash_master

player/coach/student
    i can agree with you westwood_13, yonex shirts might look nice and have all the new technology in them but if your most comfortable in a plain white tshirt or cotton shirt then for sure it would feel so much better to be wearing that on court cause if feels nicer and makes you comfortable. Ive done that with shorts haha pair of board shorts and playing oh man feels good throw in my a plain white tshirt and im good to go.

12. andrew42

andrew42 New Member

nice jock :D,

Yeah definitely you are right ....

13. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    i beg to differ. i find that badminton shirts such as yonex shirts (not necessarily very cool tech) wick away sweat from the body hence keeping it cool compared to cotton shirts which tend to stick to the body and form huge sweat patches.

14. smash_master

player/coach/student
    that is true and there are many shirts that do that as well as many that claim to do that but its true that its about playing in what makes you comfortable. its true that yonex shirts look good and people like to look "pro" when there playing but well personally i dont care what i wear cause i know i have the skill to back myself up so i dont care about looking "pro" on court just about what makes me comfortable and thats actually a cotton shirt im down for it it feels right on me and i dont find it sticks to my body i just change it after the match for another one, just my personal opinion.