Cab8 in Malaysia

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by lengtai, Feb 20, 2003.

1. lengtai

lengtai Regular Member

Can one still able to buy Cab8 in Malaysia and how much?

Thanks.

2. ronk

ronk Regular Member

I saw a Cab 8 DX available and made in Japan somewhere in Pertama Complex when I visited Malaysia. The shop was Etakoh. This is not the original Cab8 but a remake of the slightly newer version with the external t-joint but a thinner shaft. I vaguely remember it being around MYR 150 or so.

Ron

3. ronk

ronk Regular Member

It is also possible to buy cheaper Taiwan or Chinese made versions of the Cab8 (new colors and it may be called Cab8 Special or something) with the external t-joint, however, according to a shop owner and on a thread somewhere on this forum, the newer non-Japanese versions of the Cab8 are inferior and not as robust.

Ron

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you kidding? the last time i saw that racket for sale was 1992. i have one but i don't use it anymore.

5. ronk

ronk Regular Member

Kwun,

I believe that the "NEW" Cab8Dx is a remake of the original Cab8DX, with the aluminium head and thinner DX shaft. The shop owner recommended that racekt because I still like using the Cab8 and had problems using a high end Gosen 3U racket. It is supposedly made in Japan and of a higher quality than the Cab8s that are made in China or Taiwan. I bought 3 rackets on that trip to Malaysia and passed on buying one more racket.

Ron