Results 69 to 85 of 271
09-14-2010, 04:29 PM #69
Last edited by ctjcad; 09-14-2010 at 04:32 PM.
09-14-2010, 04:44 PM #70
If we are not to talk about H2H record in this thread, then I am confused
Last edited by chris-ccc; 09-14-2010 at 04:48 PM.
09-14-2010, 04:52 PM #71
Don't be confused...
It's fine if you and others take it seriously. But if you ask me, it's pretty much irrelevant, almost a joke.
09-14-2010, 04:59 PM #72
Use the Head-to-Head Records to find out who has defeated who in past matches
09-14-2010, 05:01 PM #73
09-14-2010, 08:48 PM #74
09-14-2010, 11:20 PM #75
Actually, I find the 'points' system that freelast introduced fairly interesting, but what if one of the top ten players rarely meet the others? He will have less opportunities to defeat them and therefore have less points. But of course, those who participate in so few (Lin Dan) but are extremely strong will have very few chances to get defeated. Maybe we should set a cap of several tournaments, just like BWF, but only for H2H!
09-14-2010, 11:50 PM #76
using the h2h count or record to determine the best player is something interesting
there is no question about it
provided it is done on a systematic order, not adding new rules every now and then.
when that starts to happen, god knows where we are heading for..
i think the best is still old fashioned bwf ranking,
more tournament played and won gets you more points .....
09-15-2010, 01:24 AM #77
09-15-2010, 02:45 PM #78
- I only take the H2H record (current active MS players), just like in the 1st post, to determine who's arguably the no.2 player because it's simple and there's really nothing to disagree with the H2H record.
- If solely using the H2H record to compare players is a joke to you, then why do you think so?
- If you have other ways to determine who's the no.2 player or to compare players, please share them with us?
Last edited by ctjcad; 09-15-2010 at 02:51 PM.
09-15-2010, 03:21 PM #79
H2H record is only usefull for my Fanbad
09-15-2010, 07:53 PM #80
Ata boy that's correct for fanbad!
Or when we are betting...he he
Or by lin dan's fan when he is world no. 2 or 3
When he is no.1 I don't think there is any mention of a h2h lol
09-15-2010, 09:36 PM #81
Ok, since bringing LIN DAN in is so SENSITIVE, let's just change this to WHO IS BETTER : LCW or CJ, LOL
09-15-2010, 10:50 PM #82
Ok lin dan in as no doubt he's no.1 (h2h)
Undisputedly lcw should be no.2 (h2h)
But some may not agree
One can just see the excuses
Such as wc 10 champion is chen jin so he should deserve no.2!
What is the logic behind this?
H2h has no rules and op can add 1 after another and so are the anti lcw lol
09-16-2010, 01:16 AM #83
Another example: based on H2H ranking, CL is ranked 8th while he tied with LCW, PG, TH, SS, NTM hence how can we justify that CL is ranked below them?? As far as Im concern, based on H2H result only CL is as good as LCW, PG, TH, SS, NTM
09-16-2010, 01:30 AM #84
09-16-2010, 10:27 AM #85
1) LD = 18 points; won 9 against everyone
2) LCW = 14 points; won 6 tied 2 lost 1
3) CJ = 12 points; won 6 lost 3
3) BCL = 12 points; lost to LD, LCW, PG, won others
5) Taufik = 9 points lost to LD, LCW, CJ, BCL, tied with Chen Long, won PG, Simon, Sony, Nguyen
6) Sony = 8 points; lost to LD, CJ, BCL, TH, tie with SS, LCW, won PG, Chen Long, NTM
7) P Gade = 7 points; lost to LD, TH, LCW, CJ, Sony, tied with Chen Long, won BCL, SS, NTM
8) Chen Long = 5 points; lost to LD, CJ, BCL, Sony, tied with LCW, PG, TH, SS, NTM
9) Simon = 4 points; lost to LD, LCW, CJ, BCL, PG, TH, tied with Sony, Chen Long; won NTM
10) NTM = 1 points; only tied with Chen Long 0:0
1 MAS[MAS] Chong Wei LEE5015281866.857813
2 DEN[DEN] Peter Hoeg GADE692670175.11414
3 CHN[CHN] Jin CHEN5159266502.200410
4 INA[INA] Taufik HIDAYAT1033762791.713
5 CHN[CHN] Dan LIN5090660033.9758
6 INA[INA] Simon SANTOSO5159956790.519113
7 CHN[CHN] Chunlai Bao512745469411
8 VIE[VIE] Tien Minh NGUYEN1410754624.79414
9CHN[CHN] Long CHEN7578753223.149513
10INA[INA] Sony DWI KUNCORO5042752572.477712
which is more accurate? you don't need anyone to tell you if you really watch badminton? Even you don't like Chinese, that's fine. But do you really think NTM is a better player than Sony? Give me a break!
By kwun in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 54: 04-30-2011, 07:07 AM
By dedema in forum Professional PlayersReplies: 4: 12-05-2009, 09:56 PM
By bad_man_ton in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 34: 06-12-2007, 05:10 AM
By tutu_h in forum General ForumReplies: 0: 01-17-2006, 06:41 AM
By Extremesmash in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 5: 11-18-2004, 01:39 PM