When purchasing a pair of shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Babyface, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Quick question with regards about shoes fitment. Websites and brands have said that when purchasing a pair of badminton shoes (yonex for example) they advise to go half a size bigger. i am curious to know whether other badminton members on the forum share the same view. is it best to have room around the shoe or to have it a snug fit?
    thanks in advance.

2. 7SamuraiX

7SamuraiX Regular Member

i highly advise gettting a snug fit so as to minimise the risk of injuries. The badminton shopkeeper i know told me b4 dat you might risk injury if too much space in your shoe, hence the snug fit.

3. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I think otherwise. My badminton shoes are always half size bigger. I never had any problem at all.
    In fact, I get cramp on my feet when my shoes are slightly too tight fitting. It hinders my blood circulation.

4. Sunburned

Sunburned Regular Member

I get blisters wearing half a size bigger. And I'm getting a new pair for X-Mas.

5. justbecos

justbecos Regular Member

I think the advice is because Yonex is the biggest make of badminton specific shoes in the UK and there shoe sizes are quite a bit smaller than we are used to in the UK.

Normally I am 8 1/2 or 9 with narrow feet and got a 9 1/2 for my shb65's. the size 9 was far to small.

Makes other than Yonex could be different, but wouldn't surprised if most far east brands producing manly for Asian market are similar with smaller sizing that we are used to with makes like Nike and Adidas etc producing for american and european market.

6. soda13

soda13 Regular Member

student
    Err.. I always get dead toenails (just the big toes) with bigger sizes.. The extra room gives my feet space to ram against the toe box when lunging forward..

But i think the reason they recommend getting half sizes larger is coz your feet sort of swell up when playing.

#6 soda13, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010