Where to play in Klang Valley

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by BadmintonBoy, Feb 21, 2003.

1. BadmintonBoy

BadmintonBoy Regular Member

Hey guys,

I always encounter problems getting a court to play after working hours. Maybe you guys can help by listing any venue that you can get a decent badminton court.

The ones that i know are :-
    1. Bukit Bintang Boys School
    2. Taman Megah - Huge court
    3. Puay Chai Primary School

Thats about it.

Thank for helping.

#1 BadmintonBoy, Feb 21, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2003
  2. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Bukit Bintang eh. My mum/bro's school. I've seen many people going to play there before, but I never played there. Used to pick up the almost brand new shuttles there when i was younger and when my mum was busy teaching though. lol. Taman Megah....always play there. It's okay, except for the prices. Puay Chai...never played there before. :)

3. andrew1987

andrew1987 New Member

Student
    mayb u can try st john secondary school...

hEyZ...mayb u can try st john secondary school along jln. bukit nanas which is my school...hehe :D

4. libra

libra Regular Member

hi there...

i used to play at the courts at catholic high school (jalan gasing/federal highway). didn't quite like the courts but they are there if you want to try.

also, i know of two couts (though i don't remember their names) along old klang road. one is near the market and the other one you have to turn in at wisma peters (the hyundai building)... there should be small road signs to the schools.

finally i'm not sure if these are still around but the kfc courts (at least that's what they used to be called) in subang used to be quite popular. you'll have to use to use the road behing subang parade/carefour to get there.

hope that helps.

5. tihocan

tihocan Regular Member

Computer technical
    Hi,

BBBS, I haven't play there before.

Taman Megah nice place, nice courts, a little bit too hot in the afternoons but the rates is getting the hole in my pocket bigger, but :D ;) :p there's a pretty gal there at the counter so still playing there but not that often anymore :(. Only complain is that sometimes mix up of schedule and placement of lights. A mishit of the shuttlecock could mean the loss of the shuttlecock also cause it could get stuck on the light railings.

Puay Chai Primary School ....hmmm..is it a chinese school some where in OUG? Located along Jalan Hujan Emas 6? I am playing at this chinese school but neverknew the name of the school cause it is dark by the time I start to play (every Wednesday 9pm). Courts condition is good just that the feeling on the court is like on a wrestling ring cause the floor vibrates when you stomp on it. The lower level I think is a canteen or class rooms. The best place I think among the 3 cause the placing of the lights does not get into your eyes.

The kfc courts in Subang are still there but the kfc were no longer. Among the 3 places I played before courts conditions here is the lowest and placement of lighting is another gripe. Same complain as Taman Megah courts but at least this place the shuttlecock don't stuck if you miss hit it. The placement of the lights is slighty higher than Taman Megah courts.

Thanks

6. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Sri Petaling SMK opposite BBBS?

Hall is much better than BBBS.

Women's Insitute in Jln Gasing, best courts in PJ.

7. BadmintonBoy

BadmintonBoy Regular Member

tihocan,

Puay Chai primary school at SS2 PJ, near the Mungo Jerry Restaurant.

Andrew1987,
    St John is a bit too far for me since i am staying in PJ.

Libra,
    i have tried once in Catholic School, the condition of the courts there are pretty bad and i never played there again.

Bbn,
    i heard of the court at Sri Petaling, do you have their contact number? or do we need to go thee personally to get a court?

Currently i am playing in Taman Megah and BBBS.

8. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Hmm... do you know how much are the rates in BBBS? My mum doesn't know although she teaches there...:mad:

Hehehe... tihocan... there are 2 girls there, one is the coach's gf... :D

9. tihocan

tihocan Regular Member

Computer technical
    Hi,

Thanks for the info Badmintonboy.

Joanne, there's 2 quite tall gals there. I think both of them are of almost the same height, but one is a bit darker and looks athletic and another is much fairer. So who's who?? :p :D :p hehe

10. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Lol. Go and ask around... be careful of getting a black eye though... one is Michael's(owner of Taman Megah Badminton Hall) daughter and the other is gf... :D :D

BTW, I do know who's who, but I'm not telling. :p

11. tihocan

tihocan Regular Member

Computer technical
    Hi,

Joanne,

I was just merely wondering who those pretty gals are that's all :D :D but players like me no skill to impress :mad:, no $$$ :( , no car :( how get tackle gals there? :(

:D :D From your info, I think I know who is who already. I have always been very good at this, :D :D

12. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Wrong topic... :D

So there ARE people who play in taman megah too.... kinda thought I was the only human who played there... :D :D

13. tihocan

tihocan Regular Member

Computer technical
    Ok Ok back to the original topic. :D :p

Nowadays seldom play there already cause of the price is a bit too expensive for penny earners like me. :( :( Some more quite far away cause I m from Bintang Walk, KL.

Usually see parents fetch their sons and daughters for the practice, some I see could be as young as 6 or 7 years old already doing drills...seems very tough on them like the coach is torturing them :eek: Just joking just the look from their tired faces.

14. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Yeah, I don't see why they need it to be so expensive. If they make it cheaper they'll get much better business, especially on weekdays.

Lol. Yeah, the coach do torture us... no pain no gain remember. :D But it's enjoyable... well, for me. :D