User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you think today's greats are better than past eras champions?

I'm talking about the newer 2000 era players like Lee Chong Wei, Lin Dan, Taufik, Fu/Cai, Setiawan/Ahsan vs past eras players like Rudy Hartono, Yang Yang, Ricky/Rexy, Misbun Sidek, Ye Zhaoying, etc. All in their prime years.

Lets say they all get their ideal perfect racket and using old scoring rules, do you think newer era players will consistently beat the legends if they all play their normal game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSSSNT View Post
    I'm talking about the newer 2000 era players like Lee Chong Wei, Lin Dan, Taufik, Fu/Cai, Setiawan/Ahsan vs past eras players like Rudy Hartono, Yang Yang, Ricky/Rexy, Misbun Sidek, Ye Zhaoying, etc. All in their prime years.

Lets say they all get their ideal perfect racket and using old scoring rules, do you think newer era players will consistently beat the legends if they all play their normal game?
    of coz, totally no fight . evolution of badminton :X

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They wouldn't just beat the old stars, it would be slaughter....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSSSNT View Post

My opinion. If the current era players are train exactly the same as the legends than, you'll find a good match and vice versa. However, as with most things in life, you'll want to improve and excel even in sports. Years ago when the current 21pts system was implemented, most would howl and yell about it killing the game and what not.

Today, two sets average 45mins and three sets 1hr. 27mins. BWF is currently testing 5 sets 11pts system and most have already denounce it as boring and so on. Give it time and you'll find it a very challenging system. I play several games on this new scoreline and it's not easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan is simply a cut above the rest