User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who has the best effective smash in MS?

Voters
639. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liem Swie King

31 4.85%
  • Heryanto Arbi

26 4.07%
  • Yang Yang

2 0.31%
  • Morten Frost

3 0.47%
  • Zhao Jianhua

33 5.16%
  • Taufik Hidayat

128 20.03%
  • Lin Dan

317 49.61%
  • Lee Chong Wei

71 11.11%
  • Peter Gade

13 2.03%
  • Others - please specify

15 2.35%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Hm. I've seen him play on several occasions, and never thought a smash was particularly impressive (compared to the other professionals, of course ). But maybe I've watched the wrong matches...do you remember a specific match where he did one of those smashes?
    That being said, his game is really not built around his smashes. I think he plays with pretty high tension (compare the sound it makes...), which might limit his power, but he goes for accuracy rather than power anyway. He also has an impressive court coverage.
    sure, I can give you a few matches where he has a very effective smash.
    2008 japan open semi - final.
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDkyMjI0MTI=.html
    2010 All england Final (Many Smashes down LCW forehand side. It was his strategy from the start and almost won).
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI5MTYyOTQ0.html
    2010 All england semi - final match (3rd Game you can see)
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU3OTI4NTgw.html

He can run yes. Thats because in international play he is always late so he can't use his big smash. but if you let him get there, he has the capability.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    sure, I can give you a few matches where he has a very effective smash.
    2008 japan open semi - final.
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDkyMjI0MTI=.html
    2010 All england Final (Many Smashes down LCW forehand side. It was his strategy from the start and almost won).
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI5MTYyOTQ0.html
    2010 All england semi - final match (3rd Game you can see)
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU3OTI4NTgw.html

He can run yes. Thats because in international play he is always late so he can't use his big smash. but if you let him get there, he has the capability.
    Ahh, misunderstanding - I was talking about Marc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Ahh, misunderstanding - I was talking about Marc
    oh :P ok, look on the website "BadmintonFreak.com" there is a match "Marc vs Simon." I am not sure which tournament it was but it's a round robin. watch that one. there is one notable smash. it's so fast you can't even see it. Simon didn't see it either :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.badmintonfreak.com/2010/0...adminton-video

Copenhagen Masters 2009. The smash is in the 1st game near the beginning.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    http://www.badmintonfreak.com/2010/0...adminton-video

Copenhagen Masters 2009. The smash is in the 1st game near the beginning.
    badmintonfreak's youtube account got deleted some time ago, the vid's not working

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, but it's that game. maybe you can find it somewhere else. I will try to find it on Chinese websites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are talking about the effective and 'unique' smash right? For me:
    1. Lin Dan

I watched him since he's still 23 years old, and from the start, he has an amazing smash angle, smash repeatability, and smash power, basically, he can smash anywhere he wants..

2. Lee Chong Wei

I think it's bcoz of his footwork that makes him can smash effectively.. he don't have the raw power for smash, but he has the technique to create a steep angle..

3. Taufik Hidayat

For me, he has the raw power and a steep angle also, but not as good as those two in above.. maybe bcoz he don't want to waste so much energy, or maybe he can't get the shuttlecock in front of him very often..

4. Kenichi Tago

I like the angle he created when he smashed, especially when against Lee Chong Wei at All England Final.. for me his power is definitely not as great as those 3 above, but he has pin-point accuracy, compared to Taufik.. *IMO*

5. Peter Gade

I don't really watch his match on his prime, but all i know from recent years that he doesn't smash to kill or end the rally, but it's to make ur opponent do mistakes or to set-up for another killing moves..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik has best smash i've seen , he doesn't really take a big jump like lin dan but he still put the shuttle down hard. What is impressive is his stroke , it seems so natural to him.

LCW has one of the most impressive overhead smashes, where he basically jump from his base position. I think this is his signature move now. Quite impressed that he is able to generate a lot power from just leaping with one foot.

Lin dan, for his power jump smashes , very deceptive and fast. I like it when he makes the "omph" sound when ever he smashes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Taufik Hidayat always envy and admire his natural talent on court. His backhand magic got me amazed and shocked every time I watch it. There is one video in YouTube he play against Japanese player that went over 300KM/H. That's pure power and perfect technique in executing the smash.

2) Fu Hai Feng, there is no need to elaborate. Everyone know for his strong and consistent smash start from 270KM/H and above. Did he got the fastest smash in World Championship 2011? Around 290KM/H + ? If not mistaken.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodMorning View Post
    1) Taufik Hidayat always envy and admire his natural talent on court. His backhand magic got me amazed and shocked every time I watch it. There is one video in YouTube he play against Japanese player that went over 300KM/H. That's pure power and perfect technique in executing the smash.

2) Fu Hai Feng, there is no need to elaborate. Everyone know for his strong and consistent smash start from 270KM/H and above. Did he got the fastest smash in World Championship 2011? Around 290KM/H + ? If not mistaken.
    I think FHF managed 301km/h in the semis, but this is only about Men's Singles' Smashers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would say LD is d best offensive players to date.. look at how he played at Olympic 2008 final. LCW had no answer to final attcking shot watsoever. he's simply not playable during tat time.
    (note: LCW is probably has best defence in d world)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wat about peter rasmusen? not sure i spell rite?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Most effective smashers (not the hardest)

1. Lin Dan

2. Taufik

3. Zhao

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me...

1. Lin Dan
    2. Zhao Jian Hua
    3. Heryanto Arbi

Lin Dan marginally beats Zhao because he is a touch more powerful and consistent. In terms of technique, smash angle, placement etc I would have to say ZJH is the best the world has seen. If only he had a bit more power there would be no beating him in this category. Having said that ZJH would more than make up for his slight lack of power by being able to achieve some incredibly steep angled smashes. I've not seen anyone else since his retirement able to achieve smashes as steep as he was able to and as consistently as ZJH, they were often quite astonishing and an absolute joy to watch. I'm sure racquet technology would have contributed to smash power to come degree, so it's probably unfair to say ZJH lacked power compared to LD.

Heryanto Arbi for me has the best cross court smash and round the head smash. I remember the first time I watched him play it was a such a contrast to the other players around at the time. He has a very unique style and was amazingly fast around the court. He generated quite a lot of power from the the mediocre (power-wise) Cab20 which was probably because he was able to arch his arm back that much more than everyone else.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all the tournaments I have seen, LD's smashes were consistently faster then TH's, by at least 20 km/h.
    But what makes LD the best smasher in my mind is that there are many shuttles other players could not smash, but because of his backward jump, either on the forehand or backhand side, LD could. LCW is now doing that also.
    So being the best smasher is not only about the smash quality, but the capacity of smashing in all positions and conditions. And that is LD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We also can add another important quality to a smash : the recuperation. One has to keep one's equilibrium and move forward right on landing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally vote for Sony Dwi Kuncoro. He had a great result in 2007~ 2008.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast