Help on Yonex SHB-101

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by spiderjebus, Sep 14, 2010.

1. spiderjebus

spiderjebus Regular Member

student
    I started playing badminton for few months and feel necessity to get a pair of badminton shoes..
    I guess it should be better than my running shoes... with edges..
    And I couldn't decide which one to choose from reading the forum.. since there are many brands...
    SO! forget everything and I picked Yonex... more likely SHB-101
    anybody got recommendation where to get this pair??
    btw... i know SHB-101 LTD and SHB-101 M is just difference in color..
    but wat the heck is SHB-101MX... wat is that X for??

oh one more... SHB-101 LTD for 2010 and 2009.. r they different in quality? or just difference in style?

THANK YOU!!

2. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    Are you looking for only Yonex because if I like Mizuno, it's has wide soles for the balls of your feet.

3. badderwz

badderwz New Member

it
    I bought a pair Yonex SHB 101 MX recently, but really disappointed - the two shoes are asymmetric (there is about 10% difference in the height of inner walls of the two shoes), which left my right foot really hurting after a session (left foot was fine). The worst thing is that Yonex think the shoes are up to their standards - Shocking!

4. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    are you sure it's the shoes and are you sure they're legit?

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

They were, the BC member bought them from central sports.

SHB101MX are a good choice, I don't know what the X stands for (let's face it, it doesn't really matter :p) there isn't any difference between 2009 & 2010 versions of SHB101LTD.

Other shoes you may wish to consider: SHB91MX, SHB85, SHB92MX, SHB100MX don't be put off, if it's an "older" model, sometimes the older versions are the best. I current use SHB91MX after previously wearing SHB101MX, despite SHB91MX being regarded by Yonex as "discontinued"

As for websites in the US, you can try either www.badmintonavenue.com of www.badmintonalley.com these have a lot of equipment and stuff.

Hope this helps.

6. VinnyBoy

VinnyBoy Regular Member

Hi Badminton friends,

I bought Yonex SHB101 MX after doing weeks of research on which shoes to buy and I must say it wasn't worth all the time and money I spend.

I had a Reebok court shoes and it started giving me muscles fatigue pain in my feet and I decided to buy separate insoles (worth £20, I live in UK and is a decent prize). These insoles helped and the pain dissappeared. Eventually shoes worn out and I had to buy another one. I decided to buy a reasonably prized, good brand shoes so that I dont have to buy separate insoles. So I bought Yonex SHB101MX for £57. I started to get pain in my leg muscles after my first session and it continued in the next day's session as well. So I had to buy a new pair of insoles for the new shoes and now there is no pain. Mind you, I am a player who runs and lunges a lot, so I needed a good pair of shoes.

All the Yonex power cushion, lateral claw bla bla bla didn't work for me.....................So next time I will buy a normal court shoes (up to £30) and put my insoles in it. Oh by the way, my insoles are from the brand Sofsole and they are spot on. So yonex might be good for some but not for all, definitely not for me.

Just sharing my experience hope it will help someone.................

7. badderwz

badderwz New Member

it
    I bought the shoes from a reputable retailer (www.centralsports.co.uk) with a cost of £59.99. I am a serious player and I want a pair of quality shoes. The retailer also sent me a scanned copy of a letter from Yonex UK which claimed the shoes are up to their standards.
    I used a same ruler did the measurement (here are just a couple of examples: left 19mm vs right 11mm; left 54mm vs right 49mm). My left foot was fine but not my right foot after playing with the shoes.