Li Ning N50 vs Li Ning N50II

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by KhimSiong, Sep 16, 2010.

1. KhimSiong

KhimSiong Regular Member

Dear all

care to share the views on the 2 racquets? I am considering buying it. I play doubles and most of the time the more aggressive one.

2. KhimSiong

KhimSiong Regular Member

Would appreciate if someone can tell me where is the best place to buy it and what is the price range and what does it include. I am living in Singapore.

3. bogeydown

bogeydown Regular Member

manager
    I have both rackets. Somehow the N50 seems a lot more forgiving. I cant really pinpoint why yet. Perhaps the N50II is stiffer?? Of course the N50II has much better graphics!!

Try Paragon Sports in Queensway (level 2 corner shop). They have pretty good prices.

4. drrwong

drrwong Regular Member

fund manager
    Both are very quick as they are both designed as a doubles racquet, and relatively easy to tap their power potential. N50-II has more power (and better graphics imo), while N50-I has more control. So it comes down what aspect do you put more importance on.

5. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I getting N50 1st generation tonight from from SGbad... I going to give a review next week .

6. KhimSiong

KhimSiong Regular Member

hope to hear good reviews from you on the N50.

7. cheesian

cheesian Regular Member

Student
    N55II gonna out d.....waiting N55II lo...more nice...the design all fire 1...^^

8. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

i only have the N50II and i can vouch it is head heavy. you can really feel it just by holding it and is not as quick as AT900T.

9. cheesian

cheesian Regular Member

Student
    lols......N50II very light already lo......if u use N90....N90 more heavy...u can fell head there....really heavy...^^....N55II more light i think..

10. XtremeCoolz

XtremeCoolz Regular Member

I have N50II as well and it's not really quick. Any idea which racket to go for so can hav 2 different contrast racket?

11. badmon

badmon Regular Member

I'm deciding b/w N90II and N50II =/. The paint jobs on the II series are nice!
    Somewhere in the forum, N90> N90II in power but N90II got speed and control; N90II>at700 in all aspects, or so i've read.
    N50II - head heavy, stiff but longer shaft (feel flexible)-> easy power.
    Is N50II head heavier than N90II, and is it faster? I'm not too concerned with speed. Which one should I go for?

12. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    I suggest if u have not get N50 or N50II , u should buy kason F9 which is currently used by Fu HaiFeng. I believe it will be cheaper than both N50 I or II.

13. badmon

badmon Regular Member

I checked out the Twister F9 from Kason. Do you or anyone know the specs?

14. badmon

badmon Regular Member

I can't find the edit button! Is there an edit post button? I found the specs of the Twister F9. I can only pick one but I can't chooseeee! :(
    N50II has my desired specs, but I haven't heard good comments on its playability. Though it's personal preference, some detailed reviews would really help.
    Kason F9 is pretty new. Anyone tried it?

15. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

16. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Im an intermediate player, currently owning VT70 and N50II, but planning to sell them both. Both are nice rackets, and there're good and bad for the N50II. Reason for selling them is they are just too flexible for me, but not everyone out there.

First of all, POWER. N50II comes with a lot of it, and power is easy to generate due to the medium flex and slightly longer shaft. With the correct string, tension and timing, you can smash the hell out of your opponents. Long/short push are easy, however accuracy suffers, due to the flexy shaft. Net is not bad, doing cross net might require some effort, due to the longer shaft.

Second of all, SPEED. I rated it as 7/10, as it's design is meant for power more than speed. Compared to VT70, it does lose a bit to vt70 (vt70 is designed for speed + power though...) But with strong arm, any racket will have SPEED! Defend is quite nice, if you fast enough to wield N50II around. The return smash to base line is easy, thanks to the heavy headed frame, however... accuracy suffers a little bit if you are doing more on counter attack or cross court defend. If you can check out the racket's design, it's quite bulky, frame and shaft are thick. It does require user to put in some effort to generate speed from it.

Everything comes down to your own technique and strength, no matter what racket you choose. Do experiment with the rackets if you have chance (borrow??). Good luck in finding a suitable racket!!

17. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    It seems like Lin Dan use n50 ii now

18. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

N50II is slightly more heavier in term of overall weight... it is designed to be more powerful than N50. of course weight increase will affect the speed. Due to slimmer head and heavier bottom, control and accuracy will be affected more or less.