The 'Art of Deception' Article

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Grover, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Grover

Grover Regular Member

2. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

I think this article is a great read. It's well thought out, well argued, and well focused. Maybe we should link this article in the articles section?

Anyways, I do use deception sometimes, such as pulling back just before hitting the shuttle, and tapping it trick he mentioned. I'm sure it's quite effective for Camilla. Not so for me though since I seem to miss the bird on the second tap more often than my opponent gets tricked. :eek: :eek:

3. Grover

Grover Regular Member

I also thought it was good. Always good to see someone in the know impart some advice.

4. kitkat29

kitkat29 Regular Member

Actuary
    THANKS, Grover!!!
    Do you know which web page i can browse around for some interesting badminton articles?

Thanks in advance!!!

5. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Yeh really good article. I'm trying to introduce deception into my play as well but I'm making some bad mistakes. I started trying new things after seeing my coach use this. As he mentioned in the article, asians seem to use deception very well and my coach used to play for the Malaysia in the mid 70's and he was #2 then so he has quite a bit of tricks of his own. Some are unremarkable! He's pretty well known since it seems people know him from across Ontario as well. Man he is right though, very hard to teach deception or mimic it.

Yodums

6. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    guess it comes with experiance

7. Grover

Grover Regular Member

Do any coaches go out of their way to coach deception? Or do people just pick it up from watching someone using it as Chia suggests?