User Tag List

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 247
  1. #120
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    when is those day malaysia have 2 top class md like ina?
    bugsy
    We never really had 2 top class MD players like INA, KOR or CHN but the closest we came to was having KKK-TBH, CTF-LWW in the same team for AG 2006

  2. #121
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    We never really had 2 top class MD players like INA, KOR or CHN but the closest we came to was having KKK-TBH, CTF-LWW in the same team for AG 2006
    how about Razif/Jalani Sidek and Cheah Soon Kit/ Soo Beng Kiang our 1992 Thomas cup winner????? of coz those in 1970s and back....

  3. #122
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    how about Razif/Jalani Sidek and Cheah Soon Kit/ Soo Beng Kiang our 1992 Thomas cup winner????? of coz those in 1970s and back....
    Yes..yes..that's right..how can I missed that those were the heydays of Malaysian badminton

  4. #123
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Yes..yes..that's right..how can I missed that those were the heydays of Malaysian badminton
    of coz if you are born or live in that area and knows about badminton that time...

  5. #124
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,922
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    We never really had 2 top class MD players like INA, KOR or CHN but the closest we came to was having KKK-TBH, CTF-LWW in the same team for AG 2006
    i would say we never CONSISTENTLY have 2 strong pairs like INA & KOR

  6. #125
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    i would say we never CONSISTENTLY have 2 strong pairs like INA & KOR
    but INA and KOR doesnt have 2 strong pairs consistently lately...

  7. #126
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    but INA and KOR doesnt have 2 strong pairs consistently lately...
    INA no, but Korea has 2 strong pairs, but maybe not consistent.
    JJS/LYD are certainly one of the best pairs in the world, but recently injuries have hampered their performance somewhat.
    KSH/YYS is the strongest 2nd MD of any country around.
    Btw, what do you guys think of MK/HS's ability to compete with other countries' MD#1?
    Last edited by undeadshot; 11-03-2010 at 04:09 AM.

  8. #127
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    INA no, but Korea has 2 strong pairs, but maybe not consistent.
    JJS/LYD are certainly one of the bets pairs in the world, but recently injuries have hampered their performance somewhat.
    KSH/YYS is the strongest 2nd MD of any country around.
    Btw, what do you guys think of MK/HS's ability to compete with other countries' MD#1?
    thats why i said, consistent
    after Lee Jae Jin retired...it takes KOR some time to find a reliable pair in KSH/YYS
    but KSH/YYS is not consistent

  9. #128
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    thats why i said, consistent
    after Lee Jae Jin retired...it takes KOR some time to find a reliable pair in KSH/YYS
    but KSH/YYS is not consistent
    I think KSH/YYS are more of a big bang time, can push to the limit in one tournament but in the next tournament, performance drop drastically. I predict that they will excel at the team event but not so in the individual.
    Did Hwang Ji Man retire too?

  10. #129
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    I think KSH/YYS are more of a big bang time, can push to the limit in one tournament but in the next tournament, performance drop drastically. I predict that they will excel at the team event but not so in the individual.
    Did Hwang Ji Man retire too?
    saw his name few times with different partner for different tournament....
    i think it doesnt matter anymore...

  11. #130
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Yes..yes..that's right..how can I missed that those were the heydays of Malaysian badminton
    so it was 18 years back then
    do u think we will have it in this 2 years?

  12. #131
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,015
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    We never really had 2 top class MD players like INA, KOR or CHN but the closest we came to was having KKK-TBH, CTF-LWW in the same team for AG 2006
    Uncles CTF/LWW and CCM were dropped from AG 2006 team. Rexy boldly featured Lin WF/Fairuz & KKK/TBH
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badmint...06_Asian_Games

    The difference 2006 and this year : We had uncle WCH, KBH, Lin WF, Fairuz. Other than uncle Wong, the other 3 didnt make much difference,lol.

    This year, 2 MS back up + 3 MD back up - Mak/TWK, CPS(if the coaches want to feature stratch pair in team).
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 11-03-2010 at 09:04 AM.

  13. #132
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    all these players should spar more with kkk/tbh to reach the level. Then it is up to their heads to perform.

  14. #133
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    INA no, but Korea has 2 strong pairs, but maybe not consistent.
    JJS/LYD are certainly one of the best pairs in the world, but recently injuries have hampered their performance somewhat.
    KSH/YYS is the strongest 2nd MD of any country around.
    Btw, what do you guys think of MK/HS's ability to compete with other countries' MD#1?
    KSH-YYS has an slight edge over XC-GZD and INA MD#2..Alvent Yulianto-Hendri Aprida Gunawan..further behind will be the JPN pairs.
    MK-HS has fallen behind the other MD#1 due to their inconsistencies and injury

  15. #134
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Uncles CTF/LWW and CCM were dropped from AG 2006 team. Rexy boldly featured Lin WF/Fairuz & KKK/TBH
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badmint...06_Asian_Games

    The difference 2006 and this year : We had uncle WCH, KBH, Lin WF, Fairuz. Other than uncle Wong, the other 3 didnt make much difference,lol.

    This year, 2 MS back up + 3 MD back up - Mak/TWK, CPS(if the coaches want to feature stratch pair in team).
    Thanks for pointing out that LWW-CTF were not in the AG2006 squad.I guess that's how TBH got a breakthrough..if I am not mistaken one of them is injured, was it ChewChunEng?

    This year..2MS back up = LD & CKB??

  16. #135
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    so it was 18 years back then
    do u think we will have it in this 2 years?
    I am on the positive side .. either MHC-TWK or CPS-LKW can make it.

  17. #136
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    I am on the positive side .. either MHC-TWK or CPS-LKW can make it.
    This is what this thread about .....being positive !!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Great Britain's race to London 2012 Olympics
    By craigandy in forum Olympics LONDON 2012
    Replies: 66
    : 05-06-2012, 08:16 PM
  2. The Amazing Race Asia Season 2 (TARA2)
    By robin7 in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 14
    : 02-18-2008, 02:10 AM
  3. She lost her race but not her confidence
    By Loh in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 8
    : 01-15-2007, 01:33 AM
  4. Choong Hann set to lose out in Sudirman Cup race
    By ants in forum Sudirman Cup 2005
    Replies: 7
    : 04-12-2005, 07:07 AM
  5. Any race fans in here?
    By Chia in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 2
    : 03-08-2003, 12:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •