User Tag List

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    A detailed investigative work ..bravo!! I remembered that KKK-CCM combination were going nowhere that's why Rexy chose TBH who was unknown back then..and the rest is history..
    hopefully this AG will be remembered for another breakthrough this time ...go MHC-TWK!!!
    Same hope with you but MHC/TWK are not unknowns and there is no element of surprise here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A detailed investigative work ..bravo!! I remembered that KKK-CCM combination were going nowhere that's why Rexy chose TBH who was unknown back then..and the rest is history..
    hopefully this AG will be remembered for another breakthrough this time ...go MHC-TWK!!!
    They are not even in the half of what KKK/TBH having in 2006......they cant even sure to beat INA, Chn, Jap and Tpea 2nd pairs....

and still having problems to defeat Ind and Tha first pairs.....

You can hope, but dont seems going to happen....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    They are not even in the half of what KKK/TBH having in 2006......they cant even sure to beat INA, Chn, Jap and Tpea 2nd pairs....

Not true if you followed them in the Macau Open. They thrashed Songphon/Sudket 21-9; 21-something in the first round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Not true if you followed them in the Macau Open. They thrashed Songphon/Sudket 21-9; 21-something in the first round.
    Thai's songphon/Sudket are in their low form lately, now even lost to Danes unknown pair in FO 2010....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thai's songphon/Sudket are in their low form lately, now even lost to Danes unknown pair in FO 2010....
    But that's not lately, they have been underperforming for the whole of this year!
    Macau Open is before WC, and they have also been underperforming then...
    What I'm trying to say is that MHC/TWK would not have trouble against Thailand's no.1 pair! (They haven't met with India's yet)
    Also, I notice that you don't seem to favour MHC/TWK much... That's okay for sure but I think you are not giving them the credit they do deserve, and make out that they are a no-hope pair who can't beat anyone...
    Last edited by undeadshot; 11-04-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard lah. THey have 3 of the top 4 pairs in their half. They are not of KKK/TBH's calibre in terms of talent & mental strength, comparing to when KKK & TBH were 21 & 19. Very seldom got young pair 1st time play in SS can reach final

But ah, depends what Bugsy mean by breakthru, I notice he/she rated Mak/TWK 2nd, behind CPS/LKW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goh & partner are improving.

Esp in tour experience, in Demmark they lost to the Danes, in French they managed to take a game off the same pair.

20/21 long way to go for Malaysians.

Looks like Goh has a sizable following in Wangsa Maju.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But that's not lately, they have been underperforming for the whole of this year!
    Macau Open is before WC, and they have also been underperforming then...
    What I'm trying to say is that MHC/TWK would not have trouble against Thailand's no.1 pair! (They haven't met with India's yet)
    Also, I notice that you don't seem to favour MHC/TWK much... That's okay for sure but I think you are not giving them the credit they do deserve, and make out that they are a no-hope pair who can't beat anyone...

I am sorry that u feel that way, I normally dont give credit to any palyer, they have to earn it themself.

I also never favour any player unless they managed to impress me with their performances.....in this case, Mak/Tan falls behine the other 2 pairs......

They do can beat some one, just now they been selected as the 2nd pair of MAS....and I think the expectation on them shd be higher than the other 2 pairs now. That why I am comparing them to those 1st and 2nd pair in top 8 team in the world.

And even u admited Songphon/Sudket been underperformed for the whole year thru.....so beating those underperforming pairs ( MAcau Open)shd not use as a measurement of their performance.

Just my oppinion, no offence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry that u feel that way, I normally dont give credit to any palyer, they have to earn it themself.

I also never favour any player unless they managed to impress me with their performances.....in this case, Mak/Tan falls behine the other 2 pairs......

They do can beat some one, just now they been selected as the 2nd pair of MAS....and I think the expectation on them shd be higher than the other 2 pairs now. That why I am comparing them to those 1st and 2nd pair in top 8 team in the world.

And even u admited Songphon/Sudket been underperformed for the whole year thru.....so beating those underperforming pairs ( MAcau Open)shd not use as a measurement of their performance.

Just my oppinion, no offence.
    I agree with you that we can't use Songphon/Sudket to measure, but you said that they had difficulty beating Thai's top pair, that's why I mentioned them to tell you that it's not true Isn't that putting them worse than they actually are?
    But I understand the pressure and expectations and MHC/TWK have on their shoulders now, they are now shouldering a burden! But I just feel like you don't like MHC/TWK only, but of course it's probably just my imagination

Of course it's just your opinion, I'll accept it and please do criticize them more when they fail to perform, jasonmarc! Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you that we can't use Songphon/Sudket to measure, but you said that they had difficulty beating Thai's top pair, that's why I mentioned them to tell you that it's not true Isn't that putting them worse than they actually are?
    But I understand the pressure and expectations and MHC/TWK have on their shoulders now, they are now shouldering a burden! But I just feel like you don't like MHC/TWK only, but of course it's probably just my imagination

Of course it's just your opinion, I'll accept it and please do criticize them more when they fail to perform, jasonmarc! Cheers!
    I used to criticize KKK/TBH even worse........it doesnt mean that i dont like them !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All back-up if little bit, need to give credit, then susah lar...
    I am same as jasonmarc, I do critize when nothing great is shown..
    but does it mean I dont like them? Hell, no, next year MO, 2011
    I will be there to cheer for them for sure...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm
    how often is the great should be shown?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=eaglehelang;1553827]Hard lah. THey have 3 of the top 4 pairs in their half. They are not of KKK/TBH's calibre in terms of talent & mental strength, comparing to when KKK & TBH were 21 & 19. Very seldom got young pair 1st time play in SS can reach final

But ah, depends what Bugsy mean by breakthru, I notice he/she rated Mak/TWK 2nd, behind CPS/LKW.;

Getting a major breakthrough, I am hoping for MHC-TWK to enter the semis and win a medal, to do that they will have to beat at least 2 higher ranked pairs above them. Getting them to achieve what KKK-TBH achieved is a bridge too far.
    With the field as strong as AG2010 ( basically it's a WC standard minus Danish pair of MB-CM)..their performance would deem commendable even if they managed to upset 1 higher ranked pair and enter the quarters..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cant imagine they able to upset lee/jung or cai/fu
    kido/setiawan might be the easiest among the trio,but it isn't an easy job as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the German pair can beat kido/setiawan, why not them?

I'm sure one of these 3 pairs can give a fight to the Germans as well..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO, all 3 pairs are good pair and capable to beat any top pairs in the world..
    just the mental strength and right attitude to the game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    IMHO, all 3 pairs are good pair and capable to beat any top pairs in the world..
    just the mental strength and right attitude to the game...
    Rightly so but the issue is that for (some) MAS pairs it takes years to have the right mental strength, and some not achieving it at all..take some MD pairs who are well into mid20s.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast