What do you think of the MP100?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ay33, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Ay33

Ay33 Regular Member

Student
    I would like your opinion on the MP100, please give your input and rate the racquet.

:D :D :D

2. flipinese_azn

flipinese_azn Regular Member

none
    the mp 100 isnt as good as the mp 88 or 99....it may be the highest of the models but u must work with it for a pretty long time to acheive its highest potential...i think the mp 77 88 and 99 are a little better...

mp 77 - power
    mp 88 - control + power
    mp 99 - control + power + finesse

that is my experience..

3. Cruxradio

Cruxradio Regular Member

Guess they never recovered from jet-lag
    The MP100 is quite stiff and is seems difficult to use properly. However it is a great racquet- I prefer the MP99 which is stiff too but centre balanced whereas the MP100 is head heavy.
    The MP77 is medstiff and heavier than 100/99 . Maybe good for people having trouble generating power.
    I've only tried MP88 a couple of times and it seems to lack power, but it's light+flexible combo makes it ood for defense

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Hummm, I beg to differ. MP-100 is a balanced racquet.

5. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    I have MP-88, MP-99 and MP-100.
    MP-100 has more power
    MP-99 has more control

6. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    I've had mine for about two months now... it's the first 2u racquet I've used; my previous racquets were Carltons (Powerflo Plus, AS-1).

It's definitely a powerful racquet, and it does give overhead shots added "punch", but I haven't quite adjusted to it yet as I can't smash that well with it - not that I'm a great smasher anyway :) Mine is strung at 26lb and I find it gives very good control, great for drops.

At first I didn't notice the extra weight (about 10g heavier than the Carltons) but these days I can feel it when trying to move the racquet quickly to intercept smashes, etc... I think I would like to try an MP99 as it's supposed to be more manoeverable. Anyone fancy a swap? ;)

7. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

When I picked up the MP100 bare it seemed head heavy and I tried many racquets that were also MP100 just to make sure this racquet I had was different from the others.

From what I heard it is quite a power generator but it might not have the control that the MP99 has.

8. Pre-emptive

Pre-emptive Regular Member

A great racket with lots of power and good control. The timing seems to be different from the most other rackets and takes time to adjust to.

9. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Yes, for me I had a period initially when I really wan't happy with it. I found it heavy and clumsy, and generally hard to come to terms with. After a period of time however, things just "clicked". I've been using it for over two years and I wouldn't swap it for anything. It handles better than any other racquet I've had, both in terms of power and control. OK, on "weak" days, I've been known to resort to a lighter racquet, but that is becoming increasingly rare. The MP-100 is definitely my "desert island racquet".

10. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    100% agreed Mag!