User Tag List

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 188 to 204 of 344
  1. #188
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by istringforyou View Post
    Maxima is never an in between of BG66 and BG66UM. It is simply a marshmallowed version of BG66UM with the same qualities.
    Its up to each individual's preference. I have tried JP coded 66UM , it does not feel right for me compared to 66M , it seems that they are simply 2 different strings.

    Ants has ever commented that 66UM is just an improved BG66.

    66M is softer than 66M , more repulsive , more suited for control players.

    66UM however feels harder , thus less repulsive , more suited for hard hitters.

  2. #189
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Really? I find 66U to be quite soft feeling - so much so I'm not stringing at my usual 24lbs but instead 26lbs - even though it's a .66 string and I usually use .67-8 which means that it should feel and sound a little tighter at the same tension. In fact, the thing I like about 66U is the touch and feel at the net. I think there are more repulsive strings at my preferred tension, but none of them have the mix of repulsion and touch.

    If it holds tension over the next couple of weeks, 66U might just be my go-to.

  3. #190
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Really? I find 66U to be quite soft feeling - so much so I'm not stringing at my usual 24lbs but instead 26lbs - even though it's a .66 string and I usually use .67-8 which means that it should feel and sound a little tighter at the same tension. In fact, the thing I like about 66U is the touch and feel at the net. I think there are more repulsive strings at my preferred tension, but none of them have the mix of repulsion and touch.

    If it holds tension over the next couple of weeks, 66U might just be my go-to.
    66UM is actually 0.65mm same as 66M , 66UM is an improvement of 66 coz of the better feel n durability.
    However 66UM has this dead feel after sometime , i have a friend who uses 66UM , break strings regularly , the string will break b4 the dead feel kicks in. Thus 66UM is best during the lively period , either u break strings b4 the dead period or u dun mind cutting it n stringing again. NBG98 might be a better choice @ tension holding.
    I recently tried BG85 n my stringer advised me to string 1lbs lower as its a harder feel string. Not bcoz its 0.67mm , or rather the feel of the string.
    Softer feel string needs to string slightly higher n harder feel slightly softer.
    Certain strings loses tension fast like 66 Sharp hence have to string 1 lbs higher to compensate.

    If the touch n feel of 66UM is what u like , i would strongly encourage u to try 66M.
    For me i would generally restring after 2 months even the string hasn't break yet.
    I'm a lazy player during games , not hard hitter kind , playing ard 4 hrs(game time)/week.
    Hope this helps u gauge how long 66M can lasts u.

    Thanks.

  4. #191
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Peng View Post
    If the touch n feel of 66UM is what u like , i would strongly encourage u to try 66M.
    For me i would generally restring after 2 months even the string hasn't break yet.
    I'm a lazy player during games , not hard hitter kind , playing ard 4 hrs(game time)/week.
    Hope this helps u gauge how long 66M can lasts u.

    Thanks.
    Within 2 months my BG66/UM would have broken by then as most of my other strings
    as I am a hard hitter usually at the back of the court in Doubles

  5. #192
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Peng View Post
    66UM is actually 0.65mm same as 66M , 66UM is an improvement of 66 coz of the better feel n durability.
    However 66UM has this dead feel after sometime , i have a friend who uses 66UM , break strings regularly , the string will break b4 the dead feel kicks in. Thus 66UM is best during the lively period , either u break strings b4 the dead period or u dun mind cutting it n stringing again. NBG98 might be a better choice @ tension holding.
    I recently tried BG85 n my stringer advised me to string 1lbs lower as its a harder feel string. Not bcoz its 0.67mm , or rather the feel of the string.
    Softer feel string needs to string slightly higher n harder feel slightly softer.
    Certain strings loses tension fast like 66 Sharp hence have to string 1 lbs higher to compensate.

    If the touch n feel of 66UM is what u like , i would strongly encourage u to try 66M.
    For me i would generally restring after 2 months even the string hasn't break yet.
    I'm a lazy player during games , not hard hitter kind , playing ard 4 hrs(game time)/week.
    Hope this helps u gauge how long 66M can lasts u.

    Thanks.
    I have a leftover packet of JP BG66Maxima here, but I last had this string @ 25lbs on a BS10 and didn't like the combo. Might be worth having a go with it on the Kasons though as they play a bit softer and aren't as stiff.

    I don't break strings so durability isn't an issue for me.

  6. #193
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I have a leftover packet of JP BG66Maxima here, but I last had this string @ 25lbs on a BS10 and didn't like the combo. Might be worth having a go with it on the Kasons though as they play a bit softer and aren't as stiff.

    I don't break strings so durability isn't an issue for me.
    Same here, tried BG66M (27lbs) before and it was TOO bouncy for me.
    Possibly because it is very repulsive + soft feeling type of string.
    BG66UM felt ok but I dont really like the fast dropping tension problem.

    Currently very satisfy with my BG80P.
    (I seldom break strings too )

  7. #194
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seems like every string I like drops tension after a few weeks! BG66U, VS850.......

  8. #195
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Seems like every string I like drops tension after a few weeks! BG66U, VS850.......
    yeah, it is very normal, especially for those hard hitters at the back. We will normally cut the string after it has a dead feeling...

    I agree with kkwm83, BG66M is too bouncy did not provide stable control at the net..
    I will try BG66Ultimax & BG80Power really soon...

  9. #196
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Seems like every string I like drops tension after a few weeks! BG66U, VS850.......
    NBG98 is much better in retaining tension.

  10. #197
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah but 95 feels like poo so I doubt 98 is any better.

  11. #198
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Yeah but 95 feels like poo so I doubt 98 is any better.
    to me they feel like complete different strings. nbg98@25+lbs feels really powerful. but don't go over 28lbs as it starts to feel dead.

  12. #199
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,484
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Seems like every string I like drops tension after a few weeks! BG66U, VS850.......
    Not ZM67...

  13. #200
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lotsa differing opinions over BG66UM and BG66M. I have used BG66UM and BG66M JP extensively and this is my opinion:

    Power: BG66UM = BG66M
    Repulsion: BG66UM = BG66M (I feel that the softer nature of Maxima is more forgiving but this is entirely up to the individual)
    Durability: BG66M >= BG66UM
    Hitting Sound: BG66UM = BG66M
    Shock Absorption: BG66M > BG66UM
    Control: BG66UM > BG66M
    Feel: BG66UM is considered medium feeling but i feel that is softer than BG66 but harder than BG66M, BG68Ti, BG65. I would say BG66M is bouncier than BG66UM
    Tension Retention: BG66M = BG66UM
    Price: Ultimax is cheaper

    In the eyes of Yonex, the rating scales suggest that BG66M is on par with BG66UM on every aspect except a much inferior control stat. Possibly due to the softness/bounciness. I find that basically they are the same, just that BG66M is meant for players who like a easier and softer string and it is slightly more durable. I can play with all kinds of hard soft trampoline kinda strings but Maxima seems like a natural gut that got drenched in my sweat

    Fot those who knows me, i am a brainless brute force missile launcher and my BG66UM can last 2 months. I guess grommets plays a very important part especially for thin strings. I have to confess that i ve done string jobs for guys who want it back immediately and i ve no time to process the disfigured grommets and the 24LB job only last for 2 weeks.
    Last edited by istringforyou; 03-18-2012 at 10:33 PM.

  14. #201
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    last year after all the raving review of the BG66M i actually went and spent US$14 to buy a packet. i have never spent so much on one single pack of string before but curiosity got the better of me.

    but what a disappointment. the string is softer than the already soft BG66UM, has no feel, and while slightly more repulsive than BG66UM, it doesn't make up for the lack of feel as well as the lack of durability.

  15. #202
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    last year after all the raving review of the BG66M i actually went and spent US$14 to buy a packet. i have never spent so much on one single pack of string before but curiosity got the better of me.

    but what a disappointment. the string is softer than the already soft BG66UM, has no feel, and while slightly more repulsive than BG66UM, it doesn't make up for the lack of feel as well as the lack of durability.
    That's kinda like me, except I bought two packets

    I could never tell though as the BS10 I had it on at the time was too stiff and too heavy for me anyway, but the MX60 I have strung with Ultimax has been super impressive so obviously I'm keen to try it on other rackets.

    As for this packet of Maxima, I'm just not sure what to do with it really.

  16. #203
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Uh oh....I think I'm about to develop a raging Ultimax habit! The ZM67 just isn't cutting it anymore at 24lbs. 66U is trumping it in every department on the MX60, so looks like the C7 and TSF500 are getting 66U @ 26lbs!

  17. #204
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That means your new go to string is 66UM? 66UM > ZM67?
    In every department? Also in durability? If I'm not wrong, you're playing 66UM since 3 weeks (only), so you're probably not able to say anything in this term, are you?

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex NBG98 vs BG66 Ultimax?
    By RSLvictorSOTX in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 39
    : 03-30-2014, 09:05 AM
  2. FS: Yonex NBG 98 & BG66 Ultimax (SG)
    By edmund89 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 04-01-2012, 01:13 AM
  3. FS: Yonex NBG 98 & BG66 Ultimax (SG)
    By edmund89 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 03-22-2012, 10:14 AM
  4. FS: Yonex BG66 ultimax and Yonex BG85 for sale (MY)
    By JosephYeh in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 09-05-2011, 08:44 PM
  5. WTB: yonex bg66 ultimax
    By wong_yhan in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 08-19-2011, 08:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •