User Tag List

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Results 222 to 238 of 364
  1. #222
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah ok, thought that's what you meant. Weirdly I don't really have any issue doing this with my rackets strung with BG66UM. Actually, if anything, find it easier to do it with BG66UM due to the feel from the string.

  2. #223
    Regular Member diverdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaz` View Post
    Ah ok, thought that's what you meant. Weirdly I don't really have any issue doing this with my rackets strung with BG66UM. Actually, if anything, find it easier to do it with BG66UM due to the feel from the string.
    No its normal. It is easier to spin the shuttle with 66um than 80p due to the braiding.

  3. #224
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,257
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, my name is Maklike Tier, and I'm a BG66U junkie.

    Anyone know who currently has the best price and good Int'l shipping for a whole roll?

  4. #225
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Hi, my name is Maklike Tier, and I'm a BG66U junkie.

    Anyone know who currently has the best price and good Int'l shipping for a whole roll?
    look on mybadmintonstore

  5. #226
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,653
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I will wait for for current Li ning string AP70 burst, then go for it.

    BG 66 UM. Replusion - 10, Control 10, Durality 6

    Hi Badminton fans here, can share whether this BG 66 UM same as BG 66 burst easily ?

  6. #227
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just changed my string to bg66um.use bg66 before this..all i can say is i'm a convert. first time i used it straight after stringing,i was quite disappointed because i didn't really feel the power..
    Then the next week i use it(after letting my racket rest for 1 week) it was incredible.its like the string need to rest first for a while after stringing before they can unleash their full power..

  7. #228
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,257
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Be warned though. I've had five demo/prototype rackets strung with BG66U @ 25lbs, and after about 8-10 hours of court time (actual on-court time, not sitting around chatting or sitting in my bag time) they've all lost a lot of the lovely snappiness and repulsion that they first had.

    If you're a heavy user, your going to find yourself restringing every second or third week if you only have one go-to racket.

  8. #229
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kota Kinabalu, sabah.
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BG66UM is one of the best for me, good setup and nice 'feel' but same here with others the string tension drops drastically after a few weeks and in my case 3 games in a week so its after 9 games i can feel the diff.. My stringer said its a very delicate string, if not stringed properly, it can break during stringing, but i find it a awesome string..

    All my racquets are setup on 24 by 26, really awesome if paired with the ns9900 in my hands, and the 8dx too.. on the arc10 premium which is my main racquet now, it does 'feel' abit dead... dont know why...

  9. #230
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Be warned though. I've had five demo/prototype rackets strung with BG66U @ 25lbs, and after about 8-10 hours of court time (actual on-court time, not sitting around chatting or sitting in my bag time) they've all lost a lot of the lovely snappiness and repulsion that they first had.
    What about you, Maklike? You've also been using BG66UM, weren't you?

  10. #231
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,257
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I bought a roll, so I pretty much have it on everything at the moment. When it's new, Ultimax is the best string IMHO - the crispness and repulsion is just awesome - and it transitions from power to touch just beautifully. Like VS850 it dies pretty fast, though. 850 is usable when it loses tension, but 66U just loses the will to live haha!

  11. #232
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see. Well, unfortunately I'm not a stringer. I was thinking about to restring my N55 with BG66UM, but due the fact it's loosing tension rapidly like VS850, I'm probably going to zymax65. A thing between superb thinness / crispness / precision (zymax62) and durability (zymax67)

  12. #233
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,257
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    I see. Well, unfortunately I'm not a stringer. I was thinking about to restring my N55 with BG66UM, but due the fact it's loosing tension rapidly like VS850, I'm probably going to zymax65. A thing between superb thinness / crispness / precision (zymax62) and durability (zymax67)
    I have some 65 here, I should maybe try it on my MX60 or one of the just superseded prototypes I have.

  13. #234
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I felt the BG66UM is great because I like the feel and the power from strings, I'm trying a NBG98 on my VT-80 and it lacks a few things that the BG66UM has....

  14. #235
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    I felt the BG66UM is great because I like the feel and the power from strings, I'm trying a NBG98 on my VT-80 and it lacks a few things that the BG66UM has....
    BG66UM maybe a little bit crisper and also sharper.
    But in terms of smash and repulsion they are pretty on the same level. Okay, it's been a long time since I've used a NBG98, but that's what I still remember when comparing them.

  15. #236
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    243
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    I felt the BG66UM is great because I like the feel and the power from strings, I'm trying a NBG98 on my VT-80 and it lacks a few things that the BG66UM has....

    BG66UM has better feel and touch, feels and sounds crisper. One of the best strings when fresh IMO.

    Excellent string, repulsion and power on par with NBG98. Not as durable as NBG98 but life time is superior than BG66. Tension drops and the "dead feel" kicks in over time. If you are an aggressive smasher, be prepared to restring often.

  16. #237
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie0517 View Post
    BG66UM has better feel and touch, feels and sounds crisper. One of the best strings when fresh IMO. Excellent string, repulsion and power on par with NBG98. Not as durable as NBG98 but life time is superior than BG66. Tension drops and the "dead feel" kicks in over time. If you are an aggressive smasher, be prepared to restring often.
    I restring my rackets every 2 months when my strings break

  17. #238
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually got a review of Bg66U on my website, just go to http://www.apbstringers.co.uk and follow the link to my blog and it should be on there! I hope that it helps out

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex NBG98 vs BG66 Ultimax?
    By RSLvictorSOTX in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 39
    : 03-30-2014, 10:05 AM
  2. FS: Yonex NBG 98 & BG66 Ultimax (SG)
    By edmund89 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 04-01-2012, 02:13 AM
  3. FS: Yonex NBG 98 & BG66 Ultimax (SG)
    By edmund89 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 03-22-2012, 11:14 AM
  4. FS: Yonex BG66 ultimax and Yonex BG85 for sale (MY)
    By JosephYeh in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 09-05-2011, 09:44 PM
  5. WTB: yonex bg66 ultimax
    By wong_yhan in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 08-19-2011, 09:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •