User Tag List

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ok, thought that's what you meant. Weirdly I don't really have any issue doing this with my rackets strung with BG66UM. Actually, if anything, find it easier to do it with BG66UM due to the feel from the string.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shaz` View Post
    Ah ok, thought that's what you meant. Weirdly I don't really have any issue doing this with my rackets strung with BG66UM. Actually, if anything, find it easier to do it with BG66UM due to the feel from the string.
    No its normal. It is easier to spin the shuttle with 66um than 80p due to the braiding.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, my name is Maklike Tier, and I'm a BG66U junkie.

Anyone know who currently has the best price and good Int'l shipping for a whole roll?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Hi, my name is Maklike Tier, and I'm a BG66U junkie.

Anyone know who currently has the best price and good Int'l shipping for a whole roll?
    look on mybadmintonstore

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will wait for for current Li ning string AP70 burst, then go for it.

BG 66 UM. Replusion - 10, Control 10, Durality 6

Hi Badminton fans here, can share whether this BG 66 UM same as BG 66 burst easily ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just changed my string to bg66um.use bg66 before this..all i can say is i'm a convert. first time i used it straight after stringing,i was quite disappointed because i didn't really feel the power..
    Then the next week i use it(after letting my racket rest for 1 week) it was incredible.its like the string need to rest first for a while after stringing before they can unleash their full power..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be warned though. I've had five demo/prototype rackets strung with BG66U @ 25lbs, and after about 8-10 hours of court time (actual on-court time, not sitting around chatting or sitting in my bag time) they've all lost a lot of the lovely snappiness and repulsion that they first had.

If you're a heavy user, your going to find yourself restringing every second or third week if you only have one go-to racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BG66UM is one of the best for me, good setup and nice 'feel' but same here with others the string tension drops drastically after a few weeks and in my case 3 games in a week so its after 9 games i can feel the diff.. My stringer said its a very delicate string, if not stringed properly, it can break during stringing, but i find it a awesome string..

All my racquets are setup on 24 by 26, really awesome if paired with the ns9900 in my hands, and the 8dx too.. on the arc10 premium which is my main racquet now, it does 'feel' abit dead... dont know why...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Be warned though. I've had five demo/prototype rackets strung with BG66U @ 25lbs, and after about 8-10 hours of court time (actual on-court time, not sitting around chatting or sitting in my bag time) they've all lost a lot of the lovely snappiness and repulsion that they first had.
    What about you, Maklike? You've also been using BG66UM, weren't you?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I bought a roll, so I pretty much have it on everything at the moment. When it's new, Ultimax is the best string IMHO - the crispness and repulsion is just awesome - and it transitions from power to touch just beautifully. Like VS850 it dies pretty fast, though. 850 is usable when it loses tension, but 66U just loses the will to live haha!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. Well, unfortunately I'm not a stringer. I was thinking about to restring my N55 with BG66UM, but due the fact it's loosing tension rapidly like VS850, I'm probably going to zymax65. A thing between superb thinness / crispness / precision (zymax62) and durability (zymax67)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    I see. Well, unfortunately I'm not a stringer. I was thinking about to restring my N55 with BG66UM, but due the fact it's loosing tension rapidly like VS850, I'm probably going to zymax65. A thing between superb thinness / crispness / precision (zymax62) and durability (zymax67)
    I have some 65 here, I should maybe try it on my MX60 or one of the just superseded prototypes I have.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt the BG66UM is great because I like the feel and the power from strings, I'm trying a NBG98 on my VT-80 and it lacks a few things that the BG66UM has....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    I felt the BG66UM is great because I like the feel and the power from strings, I'm trying a NBG98 on my VT-80 and it lacks a few things that the BG66UM has....
    BG66UM maybe a little bit crisper and also sharper.
    But in terms of smash and repulsion they are pretty on the same level. Okay, it's been a long time since I've used a NBG98, but that's what I still remember when comparing them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post

BG66UM has better feel and touch, feels and sounds crisper. One of the best strings when fresh IMO.

Excellent string, repulsion and power on par with NBG98. Not as durable as NBG98 but life time is superior than BG66. Tension drops and the "dead feel" kicks in over time. If you are an aggressive smasher, be prepared to restring often.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zombie0517 View Post
    BG66UM has better feel and touch, feels and sounds crisper. One of the best strings when fresh IMO. Excellent string, repulsion and power on par with NBG98. Not as durable as NBG98 but life time is superior than BG66. Tension drops and the "dead feel" kicks in over time. If you are an aggressive smasher, be prepared to restring often.
    I restring my rackets every 2 months when my strings break

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually got a review of Bg66U on my website, just go to http://www.apbstringers.co.uk and follow the link to my blog and it should be on there! I hope that it helps out

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast