User Tag List

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried a .66 string before? You may not need 28lbs. I've only gone as high as 25 and only play twice a week, so I don't really know how long it would last. I tend to cut mine when they start to lose their pop, which tends to be in the months rather than weeks. I have heard that for some heavy players who play 3-5 times a week, it dies in a week or two.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    How's the durability of BG66UM when string on 28Lbs? my stringer did not want to go beyond 26Lbs with BG66UM, said something like the string would break easily. should i change my stringer to someone whom could do with 28Lbs? own 10 packs of BG66UM, but i wonder if i could go beyond 28Lbs? (knowing that after few sessions without too much mishits, the tension would drop constantly)
    How's the durability of BG66UM when string on 28Lbs?
    For me 66um@ 28lbs lasts anywhere from 45mins to 180minutes compared with bg65 would last me 360mins++

my stringer did not want to go beyond 26Lbs with BG66UM, said something like the string would break easily.
    Unless you don't hit very hard, then the string does break very easily. Why does he care? does he not like charging you more often?

should i change my stringer to someone whom could do with 28Lbs?
    If you want 28lbs then you will have to, unless you convince your current stringer to do it.

but i wonder if i could go beyond 28Lbs?
    The string can definitely go beyond 28lbs . 31/33lbs is the highest I have seen it at, I'm sure it could go more but can't confirm.

Last edited by craigandy; 03-23-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    How's the durability of BG66UM when string on 28Lbs? my stringer did not want to go beyond 26Lbs with BG66UM, said something like the string would break easily. should i change my stringer to someone whom could do with 28Lbs? own 10 packs of BG66UM, but i wonder if i could go beyond 28Lbs? (knowing that after few sessions without too much mishits, the tension would drop constantly)
    Tbh BG 66 is more durable then BG 80 and BG 80 power. I hit really hard too, BG 66 has lasted me a month and BG 80/power lasts me 1 to 2 weeks 25 pounds each on Voltric z force

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is BG 66 more durable than BG 66UM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the insights. my conclusion on BG66UM (0.65mm) is less tension = more durability but less control-feeling (maybe add an extra 60-90mins before breakage). More tension = less durability but more control-feeling. Meanwhile BG66 (0.66mm) is just fine stretching beyond 30lbs which if do so would be just like BG66UM stretched on 26lbs.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

anyone know is the BG66UM comes in black? and I think I saw pink too
    is it only in China?

and it is very cheap too..
    the CH version (including strining) only costs me 43RMB and 50RMB equivalent to 4.3 & 5 (in two different places. one is BBeshop.com (43RMB) the other one is near my univ)

and.. chinese peopple used to string the racket first with their hand, then they string it with machine. is there any negative effect to the string or to the racket with this method?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    anyone know is the BG66UM comes in black? and I think I saw pink too
    is it only in China?

and it is very cheap too..
    the CH version (including strining) only costs me 43RMB and 50RMB equivalent to 4.3 & 5 (in two different places. one is BBeshop.com (43RMB) the other one is near my univ)

and.. chinese peopple used to string the racket first with their hand, then they string it with machine. is there any negative effect to the string or to the racket with this method?
    I'm pretty sure MBS has 66 ultimax black SP coded.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exert View Post
    I'm pretty sure MBS has 66 ultimax black SP coded.
    if I know, I'm gonna string it in black, not in white..
    and there is a pink one which is kinda shocking for me.. it is bizarre lol..
    now all of my 5 rackets have BG66UM on it (@23lbs) but it feels like 26-27lbs according to my friend (and he strung his with BG66UM @ 26lbs, I'm sure it will not gonna last long)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    if I know, I'm gonna string it in black, not in white..
    and there is a pink one which is kinda shocking for me.. it is bizarre lol..
    now all of my 5 rackets have BG66UM on it (@23lbs) but it feels like 26-27lbs according to my friend (and he strung his with BG66UM @ 26lbs, I'm sure it will not gonna last long)
    I feel like BG 66 is less durable the BG 66 ultimax... Both were at 25 lbs and the 66 popped on the first day due to mis hit on my Nanospeed 9900 and 66 ultimax was on my z force for at least two months and they didn't pop! I sold the racquet. I'm really into BG 80/power ATM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

my friend's string (@26lbs) broke in less than 1 hour of play.. and he is in a tournament! he didn't bring any spare (I also didn't bring mine since I didn't play and just got back from class) so his friend lend him. at the end he lost..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultimax still rules.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Ultimax still rules.
    agree lol.. it is my to go string other than Zymax 62 (since I can't find it here in China)
    the stringers here in China scratching their head when I choose it though.. they said the string is too thin to be durable. I don't care and I took all of my rackets and my friend's racket (total of 7) and strung it with BG66 UM. the stringers can only laugh since I didn't follow their advice

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really didn't want to like a string with a reputation for only lasting 2 weeks but I think this may even beat vs850 on control. I strung it a couple of pound too high by accident but now it feels broken in (2 weeks light use) and power and control are both excellent. I'll see how it lasts for me at 25lbs.

Who turned the volume up to 11? This is easily the loudest string I've tried.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, I think it beats VS850 for control, too. But I've only used VS850 at 24-5lbs and people have proported that it doesn't 'come alive' until 27, but I haven't had time off from my Ultimax addiction to try.My go-to racket is strung with plain BG66 and I don't like it as much as Ultimax. Doesn't seem to have the same repulsion, seems a little less.....'Pro'.FYI Ultimax is now available in two new colours - green and orange!Still no blue for the ZFII Muppets. Aww.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lime green eh? Do you have a link to all available colours (from everyone's favourite Taiwanese distributor ?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if he has it, but I got mine from James at Calibre Australia. He's on ebay.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ungh, why does this forum not work on the iPad or Firefox properly anymore.Anyway, Stringers World has the green but not the orange. Probably a bit closer to home.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast