User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 301
  1. #86
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It doesn't feel right for me either...

    I think I really do like the NBG98 more than the 66UM... But I won't cut them... I've cut too many strings in the name of experimentation...

  2. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoOZY View Post
    It doesn't feel right for me either...

    I think I really do like the NBG98 more than the 66UM... But I won't cut them... I've cut too many strings in the name of experimentation...
    Bro WoOZY , I have also experimented too much , but I end up going back to something I have actually used b4 , just stick to something that is good n stop experimenting

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ahhh... My best times were with NBG95... I really don't want to go back... Besides... I have a whole reel of NBG98... Just can't justify it anymore :P

  4. #89
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    U can always sell them , no point playing with something u dun like , just like the Ultimax , it just does not play as well as Maxima , n I really can't tolerate the difference between them , it's way too much for me to accept.

  5. #90
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i dont know if anyone here have got the same experience as me.I strung bg66 ultimax on my vt80 (23lbs) which i felt the best string evet, But the next time i strung again, same machine, person and same lbs, it turn outTotally different feeling.. It feels even worst than bg65.For malaysia only. The only diff is that the first string was SUNRISE distributor and 2nd string didnt have sunrise stricker on it. But both are genuine from yonex.A pro-shop in subang jaya told me that diff manufacturer. Items from Sunrise are from japan and there are manufacturer in taiwan as well.Both are genuine but might have a vary feelings. Price of course slightly lower.Any comment bro?

  6. #91
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I ever used BG 66 Ultimax SP 26 lbs in Armortec 600.
    Repulsion is greater than BG 66.Control and hitting sound is a better than BG 66.
    I didn't break it (fortunately) but after 2 months use,the string feel is really bad.
    The string feels dead and numb.

  7. #92
    Regular Member yurimaster2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryukku View Post
    i dont know if anyone here have got the same experience as me.I strung bg66 ultimax on my vt80 (23lbs) which i felt the best string evet, But the next time i strung again, same machine, person and same lbs, it turn outTotally different feeling.. It feels even worst than bg65.For malaysia only. The only diff is that the first string was SUNRISE distributor and 2nd string didnt have sunrise stricker on it. But both are genuine from yonex.A pro-shop in subang jaya told me that diff manufacturer. Items from Sunrise are from japan and there are manufacturer in taiwan as well.Both are genuine but might have a vary feelings. Price of course slightly lower.Any comment bro?
    bro,
    i support bcoz i am the victim as well...bg66UM do not seem consistent...
    i am very particular when string gives out low hitting sound...
    i found these 0.65mm string can project high hitting sound for tension above 25lbs...
    i dont recon string in high tension bcoz ur string would not lively but just pure dead string which over streched to limits.
    i found ppl use high tension purely for ego purposes...of course we dont compare to sponsors players coz they can afford to change string every day .....

    i now moving to bg66 sharp, i regain my 1st love and never moved back...
    tension 22-23lbs is enough to project high hitting sound with this string...go and try them out...

  8. #93
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yurimaster2010 View Post
    bro,i support bcoz i am the victim as well...bg66UM do not seem consistent...i am very particular when string gives out low hitting sound...i found these 0.65mm string can project high hitting sound for tension above 25lbs...i dont recon string in high tension bcoz ur string would not lively but just pure dead string which over streched to limits.i found ppl use high tension purely for ego purposes...of course we dont compare to sponsors players coz they can afford to change string every day .....i now moving to bg66 sharp, i regain my 1st love and never moved back...tension 22-23lbs is enough to project high hitting sound with this string...go and try them out...
    Bro,maybe i shd lower my ultimax to 21lbs and see how it goes, If still doesnt help then probably gonna try the lining string.But i bought 200m of ultimax frm UK for $48.. Wasted!!!

  9. #94
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryukku View Post
    Bro,maybe i shd lower my ultimax to 21lbs and see how it goes, If still doesnt help then probably gonna try the lining string.But i bought 200m of ultimax frm UK for $48.. Wasted!!!
    Its normal bro... 66UM is fantastic when 1st strung but only can last for few games...
    to me, after 2 weeks the tension starts dropping and the feeling is draining away...
    perhaps thats what happened to you...

    66UM is a very good string, thin yet durable, but just couldnt maintain its tension long enough...

  10. #95
    Regular Member yurimaster2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryukku View Post
    Bro,maybe i shd lower my ultimax to 21lbs and see how it goes, If still doesnt help then probably gonna try the lining string.But i bought 200m of ultimax frm UK for $48.. Wasted!!!
    bro,
    wah so confident and buy a roll 200m
    u better sell off in buysell b4 the string further degrade
    u try bg66sharp today and never look back !

  11. #96
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yurimaster2010 View Post
    bro,
    wah so confident and buy a roll 200m
    u better sell off in buysell b4 the string further degrade
    u try bg66sharp today and never look back !
    If you decide to go 'forever' on BG-66 Sharp, then one day maybe you might need to go 'string-less'.
    As BG-66 Sharp has already discontinued in Japan, and whats left in the market are left over stocks.
    You either hope Sunrise came out with their SP version or try for another alternatives now.
    That is what I am trying now as my favourite was BG-66 Sharp as well....

  12. #97
    Regular Member yurimaster2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkwm83 View Post
    If you decide to go 'forever' on BG-66 Sharp, then one day maybe you might need to go 'string-less'.
    As BG-66 Sharp has already discontinued in Japan, and whats left in the market are left over stocks.
    You either hope Sunrise came out with their SP version or try for another alternatives now.
    That is what I am trying now as my favourite was BG-66 Sharp as well....
    bro,
    i need to grap whole all the bg66 sharp in penang market now...knowing its has discontinue.
    then everyone come to me for source !!
    when was this annource and why discontniue for such a good string....

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yea was so confident after trying out the first um66.Anyway whts the diff between bg66 and bg66-sharp? Never heard of it?

  14. #99
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok i got it. Bg66 sharp is 0.68mm.. Way too far from um66.. In terms of spec.Is that really good?

  15. #100
    Regular Member yurimaster2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryukku View Post
    Ok i got it. Bg66 sharp is 0.68mm.. Way too far from um66.. In terms of spec.Is that really good?
    well in malay we said...

    never try never knew
    once you try you always WANT...

  16. #101
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yurimaster2010 View Post
    well in malay we said...never try never knewonce you try you always WANT...
    Haha.. "belum try belum tau, sudah try, tiap tiap hari mahu"Ok will cut my um66 later and try 66s tonight.

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As usual, YMMV.

    I've switched almost entirely to the BG66UM since Feb. So far, I have 2 TC700 @27lbs (late Feb), 1 mx80 @27lbs (mid Mar), and 1 US700 @29lbs (May). The only other racket is another trusty tc700 with BG66M again @27lbs (mid Mar). The string on the mx80 finally snapped due to a mishit just 2+weeks back giving it a service life of over 4 months. The two tc700 are still going strong mainly because I alternate between them. The 66M is reserved for very serious games and competitions.

    While there is definitely some tension drop in the first month of stringing, I do not feel the drop is that significant with the 66UM. BG80 has a more significant fall in tension (from memory) and even then, not that bad. For the price of the string (same as BG80 here), the usability and durability of the 66UM works out very well for me.

    btw, the 66um are all strung using ECP albeit by different stringers with their own strings in namely, Singapore (sgbad), Malaysia (Racketworld) and Taiwan (Song Shan). All are very experience stringers I used before except Racketworld who turned out to be great too.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex NBG98 vs BG66 Ultimax?
    By RSLvictorSOTX in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 39
    : 03-30-2014, 09:05 AM
  2. FS: Yonex NBG 98 & BG66 Ultimax (SG)
    By edmund89 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 04-01-2012, 01:13 AM
  3. FS: Yonex NBG 98 & BG66 Ultimax (SG)
    By edmund89 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 03-22-2012, 10:14 AM
  4. FS: Yonex BG66 ultimax and Yonex BG85 for sale (MY)
    By JosephYeh in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 09-05-2011, 08:44 PM
  5. WTB: yonex bg66 ultimax
    By wong_yhan in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 08-19-2011, 08:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •