User Tag List

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Norak View Post
    I prefer BG66UM over BG80 but saying that I have only ever used 66 and 80 so I am not sure if anything else is better.
    can you explain your preference?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone here like their BG6UM to be prestretched ?

I used 26lbs + 10% by ES5 Pro, and kinda like it, only recently it didnt feel as lively as before due to tension dropped (It did hold for good 1 month).

Should I go higher 27lbs +10%, or just 29 or 30lbs ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mizivincible View Post
    Does anyone here like their BG6UM to be prestretched ?

I used 26lbs + 10% by ES5 Pro, and kinda like it, only recently it didnt feel as lively as before due to tension dropped (It did hold for good 1 month).

Should I go higher 27lbs +10%, or just 29 or 30lbs ?

To pre-stretch BG66UM is like eroding it's effective durability. This string despite being slightly more durable than BG66, is still considered a little fragile. While doing a prestretch for as little as 5% does prolong the tension, it is not doing it's hyped durability over BG66 much favours. From my experience, BG66UM, is already as repulsive as any of those high repulsive strings like BG80 at -2LB. Meaning if you like the repulsion of BG80 at 28LB, 26LB would be enough for BG66UM, that is my opinion. Also from my experience, and also depending on stringer and equipment, BG66UM operate ideally at 25-26LB from a recreational player's perspective. Why is because this string has a strange knack of losing its 'sting' and feel enormously on tension loss. While strings like BG66 still loses tension but yet playable (on my perspective), BG66UM is totally unplayable when tension is lost. The feeling is very much different. I do not know the quality of BG66UM JP though. But i have tried BG66M JP. The feeling and shock absorption is softer and better and does not go way down under when tension is lost. BG66UM in 25-26LB, the tension holds slightly better than at >26LB. The pros wont mind because they string at every match. But us recreational players can see the diff. While BG66UM is an exceptionally good string, it is not economical. You can try higher than 27LB, but i guess the results will be pretty similar to my experience, i.e it goes dead quicker than usual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have played and strung many rackets over the years. This is my opinion of BG66UM and BG80:

Power: BG66UM = BG80
    Repulsion: At the same tension, BG66UM >= BG80
    Durability: BG66UM = BG80
    Hitting Sound: BG80 >= BG80
    Shock Absorption: BG66UM > BG80
    Control: BG66UM > BG80
    Feel: BG66UM (Medium), BG80 (Hard)
    Tension Retention: Not good (loses 2LB in a month) But at least BG80 doesnt play dead fish on tension loss. BG66UM is an ultimate deadfish when loss in high tensions >26LB)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by istringforyou View Post
    To pre-stretch BG66UM is like eroding it's effective durability. This string despite being slightly more durable than BG66, is still considered a little fragile. While doing a prestretch for as little as 5% does prolong the tension, it is not doing it's hyped durability over BG66 much favours. From my experience, BG66UM, is already as repulsive as any of those high repulsive strings like BG80 at -2LB. Meaning if you like the repulsion of BG80 at 28LB, 26LB would be enough for BG66UM, that is my opinion. Also from my experience, and also depending on stringer and equipment, BG66UM operate ideally at 25-26LB from a recreational player's perspective. Why is because this string has a strange knack of losing its 'sting' and feel enormously on tension loss. While strings like BG66 still loses tension but yet playable (on my perspective), BG66UM is totally unplayable when tension is lost. The feeling is very much different. I do not know the quality of BG66UM JP though. But i have tried BG66M JP. The feeling and shock absorption is softer and better and does not go way down under when tension is lost. BG66UM in 25-26LB, the tension holds slightly better than at >26LB. The pros wont mind because they string at every match. But us recreational players can see the diff. While BG66UM is an exceptionally good string, it is not economical. You can try higher than 27LB, but i guess the results will be pretty similar to my experience, i.e it goes dead quicker than usual.
    I see ! That was the problem then. Seriously once it loses tension, its not playable. I thot of stringing higher so that it settles at the tension I like but Im wrong then. Now my BG66U on SW35 is dead, no repulsion. I experienced once, but gave it another try with prestretch, real good on first 2 weeks but dead and numb after that.

Thanks for sharing, I sent my racket to be strung with NS95@30lbs, see how does it play, eventho I cant hit well with 0.67mm BG85, or 0.68mm BG80/NS70, will try out 0.70mm at higher tension. If not, I can always fall back to BG66 at 27lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been playing with BG66um 26lbs(3month) and another 25mainx26 cross(1month) , both r still retaining tension and i love them both ^_^ i just let them rest under air-conditioned room at night after a session

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been playing with BG66UM (30lbs) for 3 months now. The hitting sound is incridible compare to other strings. But the sad news is the tension broke my new bought voltric 80 as it suprised me, cuz i had 3 vt80 strung at the same tension but the newest one broke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear all....

why you all comparing different thickness and different tension?

String are based on user preference/style of play and etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

played it for over 1 month now. it's still going strong! looks like it will replace my old favorite NBG 98.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for me, BG66UM among the playable string at the moment.... Got repulsion, power and control.... about the sound I think it is not so important since like Master ZJH said: "If you hit the shuttle and can hear the crisp sound then you are good"...... Hehehe....

Also as my stringer told me: BG66UM among the best string so far....... but you cant string it to higher tension >27lbs because of the thickness...

Just imagine: 0.65mm thk with 29lbs or 30lbs then the thickness will be what....... 0.62, 0.61, 0.60 or 0.58??
    so it will cut your racket frame..... Hahaha..... just kidding......

Well this is just my opinion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TH used to have his racket strung at 32lbs with bg66 ultimax.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently playing a MX60 with 66U at 25lbs. I really love the way it transitions from the power game to the touch game, but for some shots for some reason it feels a bit 'soft' - it feels like it's much lower than 25lbs.

I'm surprised to read that some people think that over 26lbs kills the life expectancy of the string, as I was hoping that the 66U had similar characteristics to VS850, but with better tension holding.

So how are you stringing your rackets with 66U? Would 25x26lbs still give a decent life-expectancy?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About a month ago I bought a Voltric 80 strung with BG66UM (JP) @ 25lbs and I think that the tension holds longer than the SP version.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've recently gone back to the 66UM, but unfortunately it broke again during a tournament where perhaps my BG80s havent. I must say I find the power on them too irresisting now, even with the lesser durability they provided a wonderful feel and power to my game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AimUk View Post
    I've recently gone back to the 66UM, but unfortunately it broke again during a tournament where perhaps my BG80s havent. I must say I find the power on them too irresisting now, even with the lesser durability they provided a wonderful feel and power to my game.
    I agree with you, although I would play with BG66 as this string is more durable but not as repulsive
    I would really like to try BG66 Maxima as it is in between BG66 and BG66UM.
    Another problem with BG66UM is that it loses tension within 2-3 weeks after re-stringing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxima is never an in between of BG66 and BG66UM. It is simply a marshmallowed version of BG66UM with the same qualities.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by istringforyou View Post
    Maxima is never an in between of BG66 and BG66UM. It is simply a marshmallowed version of BG66UM with the same qualities.
    Oh I see but is it better than the BG66UM in terms of its durability and better than the BG66 with repulsion ?

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast