...back to the game I loved...

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by izwanj_79, Sep 19, 2010.

1. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi all,

Just realized there is an introduction thread here. Well, here goes...

I am Jab

An Engineer with one of Malaysia top car manufacturer

Badminton skills : I'm in the category "b/hand can't reach baseline"

I join BC a few months back. Got a new playing gang here through BC. Got a new racket through BC. Even got a new "keyboardpal" hahaha..!!(I don't think there are still penpals nowadays...)

Started playing badminton when I was 10. Represented my school in doubles. At that time, razif/jalani was my idol. Got my first ProKennex, can't remember the model. Serious competing in local junior tournament(never won anything though LOL) so my dad got me my first yonex when I was 12. A black carbonex 15(still with me;))

Stop playing during secondary school. Got attitude problem during my teen age. too stubborn to follow instruction.

Only start playing again when I'm 27. My department got player shortage and registered me as substitute. I was crushed by a 45 yrs old just because I don't have any breath in me. From there on I try getting back to the game I once loved. Just for recreational and inter departmental tournament.

Nice knowing u guys...:D

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to BCDF, izwanj_79 (Jab)!:)..i noticed you took a bit of a time off from baddy..how long did you get yourself back into form after playing again??..
    Anyway, visit us often!:cool:

3. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanx ctjcad...

Back into form? u mean the time when I was a school star?:p hehehehe... At present, I could say I just recovered 60% of it. Everything became totally different. My movement, my muscle stretch, the power on shot, my backhand, all need to be work out... I definitely miss my wrist shot...:crying:

But at 31, I think I could just be happy with the way I play currently. Advance knowledge with intermediate skill and beginner fitness... LOL

4. nazreeevo8

nazreeevo8 Regular Member

clerk, badminton coach
    hi izwanj_79,

keep on playing and don't push too much as it will hurt ur body

5. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanx nazreev08... learnt a lot here in BC, with the correct equipment, techniq and knowledge I think it should be alright... learnt how to choose the correct racket here in BC, suitable shoes and training method, ok laa... feels good that I still can play again...

6. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Welcome to BC, and glad u r back to badminton