User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by izwanj_79 View Post
    Let just pray that Zulfadli, Iskandar, Misbun Ramdan and many more current youth players does not end up like this...
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnymak View Post
    I think its Bam's fault. I have been following Tanongsak, Tago, Alamsyah and Rumbaka career. They are play in in the SS. Badminton is a sparring game.
    The more u spare with higher grade players the more u improve.
    I hardly see the m'sians in the 20/21 years old batch playing in the SS.
    Even those in the 23/24 batch could hardly get to smell the court in an SS tournament.
    Now they just train and spar amongst themselves.
    How to improve like that.
    Chen Long get to spar with Lin Dan Bao and Chen Jin.
    And the fact that there are better players waiting to grab your spot makes you push harder other wise u go back to the provinces.
    Even Du Peng Yu, Lu Yi would be phased out at the "official" age of 22. Wang Zhenming is coming to the fore.
    But BAM always get their priority mixed up.

Junior Doubles players get to go to SS tournaments and look how they have improved.
    And that also BAM reluctantly allowing the juniors to play more international matches this year.

Look at the Taiwanese No.1 and No.2 pair. They been playing in the SS and GP regularly for the past 2 years and their results speak for themselves. Remember the Taiwamses still train part time.

Their singles although not benefitting from full time training and physical conditioning that will make them world champions cam from time to time getting upset results. This is because they are playing top flight baddy more often then Msian juniors. Our Back up and Juniors srtruugle to beat Taiwanese or even the Indian top singles or couldnt beat them at all.

I dont see Iskandar and Ramdan in the SS but I see Alamsyah whom they could beat easily last year. Dont think they can beat him this year or next cause the formers are still cocoon in training.
    No doubt BAM is to blame as far as judging by the backups current progress is concern. They, the backups also themselves should also be blame for not improving for whatever reason.

Discussing about sparring with the senior, even at the point where opportunities comes, they mess it up......http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...35#post1247235

BAM and the gang (ariff etc) MUST realize on what ground they are standing now, lead the example or otherwise the juniors will just end up like them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But there is a big difference from giving lots of exposure to a well prepared player, and creating very experienced-exposed state level players. The latter we have plenty of.

Attitude, Preparation and Commitment is everything.

Sending Players to tournaments far away (especially SS where they have low chance of surviving even the qualification rounds) is like spoiling our kids with free holiday trips.

Sending them to prove their salt in Gradually higher and higher difficulty tournaments makes better economic and player development sense.

If you trully want to give our junior players 'better exposure', perhaps we can LOAN some of our juniors to National Association Badminton Centres of Thailand, India, Korea, and even China if they can survive the competition. Keep them there for Half a year and when they come back see how they fare againts their local based peers.

This may also give these players some actual confidence. Sometimes some ppl feel like a little fish dropped into a big pond because they never quite ever experience life and badminton outside of their home country. Hopefully such experience can broaden their horizon and mature them better as badminton and living in foreign places takes lots of adjusting and is good character building.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnymak View Post
    I think its Bam's fault. I have been following Tanongsak, Tago, Alamsyah and Rumbaka career. They are play in in the SS. Badminton is a sparring game.
    The more u spare with higher grade players the more u improve.
    I hardly see the m'sians in the 20/21 years old batch playing in the SS.
    Even those in the 23/24 batch could hardly get to smell the court in an SS tournament.
    Now they just train and spar amongst themselves.
    How to improve like that.
    Chen Long get to spar with Lin Dan Bao and Chen Jin.
    And the fact that there are better players waiting to grab your spot makes you push harder other wise u go back to the provinces.
    Even Du Peng Yu, Lu Yi would be phased out at the "official" age of 22. Wang Zhenming is coming to the fore.
    But BAM always get their priority mixed up.

Junior Doubles players get to go to SS tournaments and look how they have improved.
    And that also BAM reluctantly allowing the juniors to play more international matches this year.

Look at the Taiwanese No.1 and No.2 pair. They been playing in the SS and GP regularly for the past 2 years and their results speak for themselves. Remember the Taiwamses still train part time.

Their singles although not benefitting from full time training and physical conditioning that will make them world champions cam from time to time getting upset results. This is because they are playing top flight baddy more often then Msian juniors. Our Back up and Juniors srtruugle to beat Taiwanese or even the Indian top singles or couldnt beat them at all.

I dont see Iskandar and Ramdan in the SS but I see Alamsyah whom they could beat easily last year. Dont think they can beat him this year or next cause the formers are still cocoon in training.
    Last edited by jug8man; 09-24-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    But there is a big difference from giving lots of exposure to a well prepared player, and creating very experienced-exposed state level players. The latter we have plenty of.

Attitude, Preparation and Commitment is everything.

Sending Players to tournaments far away (especially SS where they have low chance of surviving even the qualification rounds) is like spoiling our kids with free holiday trips.

Sending them to prove their salt in Gradually higher and higher difficulty tournaments makes better economic and player development sense.

If you trully want to give our junior players 'better exposure', perhaps we can LOAN some of our juniors to National Association Badminton Centres of Thailand, India, Korea, and even China if they can survive the competition. Keep them there for Half a year and when they come back see how they fare againts their local based peers.

This may also give these players some actual confidence. Sometimes some ppl feel like a little fish dropped into a big pond because they never quite ever experience life and badminton outside of their home country. Hopefully such experience can broaden their horizon and mature them better as badminton and living in foreign places takes lots of adjusting and is good character building.
    Such idea for an example definitely, i think, BAM has somehow can realize much earlier if they have a plan. However, somehow, they forgotten the philosophy in the "art of war", if you can't beat your enemy, then join your enemy". If they want to become better player, join them, be a better player and then beat them back.

Ironically, we have already the best player in the world now here in Malaysia but they just don't seems determine to take that advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot expect theDatuk to babysit everyone.

He needsquality sparring as well.

Maybe next time towards semi retirement they will use himto 'bring up' other players level.

Badminton training is often a one way traffic. There must be a clear 'recipient' for progress to happen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much difference already RIGHT now if u make a difference..
    between this 2 players...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    So much difference already RIGHT now if u make a difference..
    between this 2 players...
    Yes..........showing CBA plan is on a right track......BAM????

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    Yes..........showing CBA plan is on a right track......BAM????
    Or maybe the player himself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sparring with each other only? I think I just realised why all the back-up MS players seem to have the same standard. LCW is too good for them to improve...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrate to Chen Long for his first SS title (2010 China Open) after becoming a runner up for two previuos attempt.........remarkably a huge huge leap from any of BAM youngsters that is previously in the same boat with him few years back!.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just like what the cantonese says: 'it is like comparing a mosquito and a cow, how to compare?'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bizarre.

Just a few years ago Msia had a team with players like Ong Ewe Hock,Wong Choon Han, Hashim brothers.
    Choong Tan Fook and Lee Wan Wah, Chew Choon Eng and Chan Chong Ming.Nearly beat China in 200? Thomas Cup
    if Wong Choon Han did not retire injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Msia badminton reached great heights under Morten Frost and Indra Gunawan but as usual

they quit because of differences with the management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha.. lmao.... a whale and a bacteria lah..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Bizarre.

Just a few years ago Msia had a team with players like Ong Ewe Hock,Wong Choon Han, Hashim brothers.
    Choong Tan Fook and Lee Wan Wah, Chew Choon Eng and Chan Chong Ming.Nearly beat China in 200? Thomas Cup
    if Wong Choon Han did not retire injured.
    Also in the team were moderately successful players like Lee Tsuen Seng, Sairul and Ismail Saman.

Nowadays Msia cant even string together a decent team without LCW,Koo/Tan & HH.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Arif were to play against chen long in 1 singles match now, i would pick chen long to win in two games

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Long has already made it to the world top 5 and i'm not suprised that sooner or later he will be on top within this few years. A Positive and a delightfull progress news especially for CBA. While he is going way forward, ariff only current noticable appereance is during the recent Malaysia International Challenge here in my hometown, Sabah where he lost to T. Sugiarto in the finals.....a small tournaments compare to SS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Long has already made it to the world top 5 and i'm not suprised that sooner or later he will be on top within this few years. A Positive and a delightfull progress news especially for CBA. While he is going way forward, ariff only current noticable appereance is during the recent Malaysia International Challenge here in my hometown, Sabah where he lost to T. Sugiarto in the finals.....a small tournament comparing to SS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast