How about US$5.00 for 1 feather shuttle?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Winex West Can, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
  2. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

From what I remember, sportcraft was known for making low end sports gear like backyard badminton/volleyball sets or vinyl footballs. Would anyway actually want "vintage" birdies?

3. ronk

ronk Regular Member

If the shuttlecork is vintage, it probably means that it is dried out and will begin to disintegrate very quicky with use. Sportscraft is not a collector brand so why use it? Sportscraft has no collector value as far as I know.

I would buy used shuttlecorks that have been played in major tournaments (like Thomas cup), if the shuttlecorks came with papers of authenticity. It is like buying rackets of famous pros with papers of authenticity.

Whoever who buys this stuff is not well informed about badminton.

Ron

4. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Exactly ronk. I don't see a point in a vintage feather bird. I'd rather have a bird that was used in the finals of an international competition whether it had 16 or 1 feather on it!

That would be lame just having a new birdie for display.. and to who.

5. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    ebay cracks me up

6. ronk

ronk Regular Member

Think of this shuttlecock:

Authenticated shuttlecork used in the final rally of the final game of the final match of the Thomas cup final between 2 perennial badminton adversaries (Malaysia, Indonesia, or China -- take your pick of any two). This is the fifth match of the tie of the finals between the number 1's of both countries and was one of the most vigorously contested finals in the history of the Thomas cup. The tie was tied at 2 matches apiece for each country with the fifth match deciding the winner. The match went 17-16, 16-17, and was tied at 16-16. Then, this new shuttlecock was used at that point. It is authenticated and autographed by both players and the umpire and tournament director. It comes with photographs etc.

How much will you pay for this shuttlecock and does it have collector's value?

Sure beats the $5.00 Sportscraft e-bay shuttlecork:D.

Ron