Super Feet Green insole cause blister

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by BD-Fan, Sep 20, 2010.

1. BD-Fan

BD-Fan Regular Member

Super Feet Green insole does help my heel pain issue.

However, due to the smooth surface of Super Feet Green insole, it causes blister in the forefoot (mostly toe area). My sock is sliding inside when moving from side to side and even I used different kind of socks made with different coton percentages. High percentage coton socks seem perform a little better.

Anyone has a solution for that? I did able to modify the high arch feature of Super Feet Green by cuting out some hard plastic support on the side of the insole.

If this problem can't be solved, I have to look into other insole.

I appreciate any SFG users to provide some insight on this.

2. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

I've switched from Super feet to Spenco Poly Sorb total support. You can also try the molded insole from "sole".

You can also try 3/4 size orthotics and slip it under your original badminton shoe insole. not 100% sure but you can probably get the 3/4 sole from your SF green by separating the plastic and the cushioning piece if you dont want to buy another.
    http://www.amazon.com/Superfeet-Length-Orthotic-Arch-Support/dp/B000F85ELW

I think super feet is good for a lot of sports and walking , but just too stiff for badminton.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    how's the durability and traction on the Spenco Polysorb?

it looks interesting but is still a little bit pricey compared to other insoles.

4. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

Traction i would say is better than acceptable, although its not as good as the yonex insoles which have ridges.
    In terms of durability I've only used it for 2weeks so far i can't comment on it. but my guess is it last just as long as the other spenco products since this 1 is made from the same material layered on top of an EVA mode.

I think so far I have spent more on insoles and shoes than rackets.

I bought mine for $20, which actually are less than superfeet.

#4 vipjun, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thanks for the info.

shoes are very important. although people do tend to spend more on rackets.

i have used some Dr. Scholl's sports insole before. they are i think around $20-25. while they felt great and solid and decent traction, they don't last very long. i will try the Polysorb when my current Yonex one starts developing a hole.

6. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

Have you tried the one from Softec (Regular / Ultra), i ment to say the mode-able insole from Softec not "sole" ?

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i'm currently using the SFG insole and i've never had any blister on the forefoot (either foot). Instead, i have a blister on my right heel which seems to be not going away for a while. I don't know if it's because of the SFG itself or the socks or because of the other feet protections i usually wear.

8. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

Ctjcad, my guess is that your socks may be loose on the foot but the fabric a bit ruff causing friction.
    Are you wearing all cotton blended socks? i would suggest athletic socks that have a little spandex weaved into them. it will be a little more snugg on your foot thus when you move around the sock moves in the shoe vs your foot moving inside the sock.

something like these are inexpensive and are pretty good vs yonex 3D socks.
    http://www.championusa.com/champion...men_footwear_socks-_-CH182&CAWELAID=328014699

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

dear vipjun,
    i only know i've been wearing reg. cotton socks. i've been wanting to wear one of those, but i will try wearing one of those socks with heel/toe shield and see how it goes..

#9 ctjcad, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  10. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

Great, let us know if it solves your problem.