switching strings- need help fast plz!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by lilyaks, Sep 21, 2010.

1. lilyaks

lilyaks Regular Member

i cant use bg66 cuz its too thin, but i like all the aspects of it, so what is the closest yonex sting to bg66? i can use bg68ti, bg80, bg85, bg65p, bg65, cybernatural 100 and bg65ti

2. Jameschan5

Jameschan5 Regular Member

Engineer
    durability problem? I prefer BG80 & BG85 over BG66 at 26lbs, more durability and solidness when hitting the shuttlecock...
    BG65 & BG70pro is also a good choice if you string at high tension. Others than that are not my favorite string in the moment...

3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Regarding the thicker 0.7mm strings, you can string them at about 4-5 pounds higher than what you would normally string BG66 and the feel including repulsion should be similar although the ultimate repulsion may be a little lower for the thicker string.

It may feel stiffer to you initially due to the high tension stringing but once you get used to it (since you can't get used to BG66) the most important advantage is the more than twice fold increase in durability :D

4. what07

what07 Regular Member

You can always switch to BG-80, Alot more durable and still good performence in all areas. I'm switching back to BG-66 because 80 just lasts too long for me. :)

5. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

BG80 is more durable for me (lasts 3-4 months; 6hrs/week)
    it usually loses tension before breaking, and i just cut it when it comes to that
    BG80@25+ is amazing, you should try it

6. lilyaks

lilyaks Regular Member

i have tried bg80- its good.
    im trying bg68ti atm cuz it has the closest resemblence according to the chart on the back of the pack (disregarding the feel)
    does the feel make tha tmuch difference, i mean i can always go for nbg95 or bg70 pro if it does...

7. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hehe.. it's the BG80 for me too. The difference between BG68Ti and BG80 is "cannot play" vs. "can play"... Nah.. it's not so bad but I complain so much about the lack of grip it affects myself.. Overhere, BG80 is more readily available and is priced the same as the 68Ti. 68Ti doesn't last any longer nor play any better so it's easy decision for me.

8. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    LOL this is a special case. Mostly others are switching to BG80 from BG66 due to poor durability but you reversed the situation and prefers something that doesn't last long.:confused::D

9. what07

what07 Regular Member

Well BG-80 last almost 3+ months for me and I usually end up cutting the string anyways when the tension is too low. Before BG-66 use to last me 1 to 2 months so if it breaks within that time I'm all for it.

10. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I went to Ashaway Zymax 62/67 hybrid on my ti-10. So far so good, tension is holding and it's been over 1 month.

11. lilyaks

lilyaks Regular Member

i string @ 34lbs... so bg 66... well you get the picture. i have yet to try the 68ti, but what about the feel- does it make much of a difference? is there a huge diference between soft feel and medium feel or hard feel and medium feel?

12. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I have used 68Ti before and I liked it. Strings feel a bit slippery thou.