Does badminton Socks really makes a Difference?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by radar_s, Sep 22, 2010.

1. radar_s

radar_s Regular Member

Architect
    I guess while everyone is interested on badminton shoes but not many people/player really care what type of socks they are wearing. There was 2 post has few discussion for the socks which is 6 years ago.

Recently I had tested a few pairs of badminton socks, (I got them as a gift while I ordered a bulk of RSL shuttlecocks). They really feel different than a normal everyday socks. Normally we have "ankle height socks" and "traditional length sport socks", thickness is depending on personal preference.
    But the socks that I have tested on had a really unique design; it has different thickness on the different part of your foot. It�s thick on the �Heel� and �Tiptoe� for protection but thin on the Ankle and the middle part of Sole area it�s very thin and tight, it�s won�t effecting your movement at all (although it�s only very tiny) but you still can feel it.

This is kind of the luxurious feeling when you wearing it, it works/matches very well with the badminton shoes.
    If you really spending like $100USD for buying a pair of badminton shoes, a $3 or $5 USD badminton socks isn�t that much right?

However, once again it�s really depends on what you prefer, what I wrote is just my personally opinion and I am not trying to sell anything here:).

2. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Not sure that's badminton specific but I've been using similar socks for a long time now. The thinner top helps heat dissipation and the thicker bottom adds comfort. The other thing to pay attention to is the stitching of the toe area should flatten off nicely rather than leave a bulge. I got a blister from a sock like that previously.

3. hc911

hc911 Regular Member

The socks I got from Champions in bulk have the same design, thinner top and thicker bottom. No big news.