User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Badminton at northern suburb

    Hi there. I wish to organise a weekly Wednesday or Thursday night badminton session at the northern suburb from 7pm-9pm (probably starting in October onwards). Any players at any levels are welcome - currently seeking 6 to 8 players to start it. The main priority is to be able to socialise/have fun and improve each player's strengths.

    The venue is at Darebin Community Sports Stadium
    - address: 857 Plenty Road, Reservoir 3073
    - website: http://www.darebin.ymca.org.au/index.asp?menuid=080.030)

    The cost is as follow: $35 for four sessions (shuttles inclusive). Sorry I do not accept per session payment ($35/4 = $8.75), as I need to make sure that I will have enough money to cover the courts and shuttles every week - hence a four week payment in advance of $35 is required.

    If anyone is interested or have any questions, please leave me a message here, or you can email me at cliffordgooi@gmail.com, and i will get back to you within 24 hours.

    Kind regards,
    Clifford

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A change to the cost:

    I will charge $9 every week for the first two weeks for you to try out to see if you like it or not. If you wish to continue after 2 weeks, I will charge subscription fee of $35 that should keep you playing for the next 4 sessions.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys/Girls,

    I have managed to find 4 players now, need a few more to start our weekly badminton session! I'm looking at 10 players maximum.

    Note:-
    Change to the venue:
    Instead of Darebin Community Sports Stadium, we could try to have our Wednesday or Thursday session at RMIT Bundoora (map: http://mams.rmit.edu.au/x6qoug78u783.pdf)

    Change to the cost:
    $8 for the first two weeks (pay as you visit). If you wish to continue after 2 weeks, a subscription fee of $30 applies that should cover you for next 4 sessions.

    Ps. Shuttles inclusive - just bring a racquet and a pair of shoes and we are good to go!

  4. #4
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,735
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Social Badminton sessions to be located at the north-eastern suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by cliffordgooi View Post
    Guys/Girls,

    I have managed to find 4 players now, need a few more to start our weekly badminton session! I'm looking at 10 players maximum.

    Note:-
    Change to the venue:
    Instead of Darebin Community Sports Stadium, we could try to have our Wednesday or Thursday session at RMIT Bundoora (map: http://mams.rmit.edu.au/x6qoug78u783.pdf)

    Change to the cost:
    $8 for the first two weeks (pay as you visit). If you wish to continue after 2 weeks, a subscription fee of $30 applies that should cover you for next 4 sessions.

    Ps. Shuttles inclusive - just bring a racquet and a pair of shoes and we are good to go!
    .
    Good Luck Clifford,

    A few CCCers have asked me to organise Social Badminton sessions to be located at the north-eastern suburbs. Up to now, I have no time to organise it.

    I shall tell CCCers about your plan.
    .

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you, Chris Much appreciated.

    I was at your Wednesday night group for about a month, but the travelling has taken its toll on me - took me 15 mins to go after work, and 1.5 hours to go home

  6. #6
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,735
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Some of our CCCers come from the northern suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by cliffordgooi View Post
    Thank you, Chris Much appreciated.

    I was at your Wednesday night group for about a month, but the travelling has taken its toll on me - took me 15 mins to go after work, and 1.5 hours to go home
    .
    You didn't ask our CCCers.

    Some of our CCCers come from the northern suburbs, and they could have given you a lift home.
    .

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    You didn't ask our CCCers.

    Some of our CCCers come from the northern suburbs, and they could have given you a lift home.
    .
    True - i could have asked. However i don't feel comfortable being given a lift home, especially if my finish time and theirs are different. I will come visit again though whenever my workload eases down.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Latest News:

    Badminton plan has been put on hold for now. I have tried to book from 3 places around the area (Darebin, RMIT, and Diamond Valley) but it appears they do not have availability pretty much on all nights on weekdays - due to the courts being used for other sports. Talk about bad luck!

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for a badminton coach in Northern NJ
    By tungvivian in forum USA East
    Replies: 0
    : 09-29-2011, 08:52 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    : 01-30-2011, 04:26 PM
  3. Badminton in northern san francisco?
    By junwei992 in forum USA West
    Replies: 11
    : 10-06-2010, 10:46 AM
  4. badminton group by suburb
    By a14342 in forum Singapore
    Replies: 0
    : 01-08-2007, 09:21 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    : 02-22-2006, 06:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •