Why can't we post more then 1 post in 20 secs?

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Joanne, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Why can't we post more then 1 post in 20 seconds? Lol. I open few windows to save time, but I have to wait 20 seconds before posting sometimes. LOL. :D :D

2. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    really? I've never noticed that n I type/post fast!

3. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Re: Re: Why can't we post more then 1 post in 20 secs?

Lol. Really? Try opening 2 windows and type in both. Then send it both immediately. :) ;)

4. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Well it could be a number of reasons. The obvious one is to reduce the spamming. The second one is to reduce the load of the database so not as many people will be posting at once and it'll be just a few.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    you been timing it? I thought one post every 60 seconds. You're just too fast joanne. :)

6. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

Because databases can only handle so many simultaneous connections before it risks crashing. Also, once a database becomes overloaded, it becomes very inefficient, meaning the workload just gets backed up faster and faster, until it crashes. Also it prevents double posts. (Sometimes I hit submit but it doesn't register, so i hit submit again. Without timer, sometimes I get two identicle posts.) Also, as kwun said, he wants to increase to quality of postings. If you are averaging less than 20 seconds a post, you should be spending more time thinking of your thoughs. Me thinks
    :confused:

7. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Hahaha BRL, you should take a look at your avg posts/day. You are averaging 5.59 posts/day whereas Joanne is at 3.24 posts/day. I took a quick look to see who has the highest and so far came up with Kwun at 13.07 posts/day followed by Cheung and the top non Moderator is Cooler at 9.41 posts/day :D :D :D

8. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

I think Kwun posts much less than that because his number of posts was transfered over from the new board but not the date of registration, so his average is going to be artificially inflated. I think that's the same deal with cooler. Cooler and kwun only have 10 and 4 posts this week respectively. Where as I have 57 so far.:eek:
    :eek:

btw... i have so many cuz i have so much homework... so i'm pretty much up 24/7...and BF is more interesting than text books

#8 bigredlemon, Feb 26, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2003
  9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Yodums is correct!

it is more to do with spamming than to do with the load of the server. with current traffic in BF, we aren't loading up the server at all.

also i agree with what BRL said (again). if you can post within 20 secs, your post aren't gonna be of much contribution but some chit chat. a good well thought out post takes time to write. sometimes it is like writing an essay, you need to plan and structure your post so that what you write conveys what you think. i have spent as much as 30+mins writing a reply, and sometimes i have replys that i have been writing for many days.

10. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Lol. Okay. Wow. few days???