Hiding my shots

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by J.j_chan, Sep 25, 2010.

1. J.j_chan

J.j_chan Regular Member

Student
    As we know,hiding our shot and showing it at the last second can give us a big advantage on the court,but the problem is, how we do hide our shot from our opponent?

2. xtorm

xtorm Regular Member

1 thing i notice is you have to be fast, reach the shutter as fast as possible so you have time to hold then hit

if its a fast game i think its abit hard to do so.

3. J.j_chan

J.j_chan Regular Member

Student
    Hold and hit is more like a deceptive play, but what i mean by hiding ur shot is that u dun let the opponent know what shot u're gona play

example: doing the same movement for clear and drop, so that your opponent have no idea if you're droping or clearing till u hit the birdie

i rememember sumone telling me to hide my racket in my back before i swing

4. thejym

thejym Regular Member

To hide your shots, you basically need to reach the point where all of your shots from every corner look the same, both in terms of stroke and in terms of footwork. Often it's hard to hide a smash but it doesn't really matter at that point because you're probably smashing when a good opportunity arises and the sheer speed of the smash will be enough that even if the opponent knows it's coming, they don't have much time to get ready.

I've never heard of hiding your racket behind your back during your swing, rather the racket face should go behind your back as the consequence of a proper stroke. Often it's the racket speed that will show the shot that you will make, so if you are able to throw the brakes on your stroke at the very last minute, you can then change the pace of the shuttle without giving your opponent any notice in advance.