Arcadia Badminton Club - open gym wait time report

Discussion in 'Arcadia Badminton Club ( ABC )' started by ctjcad, Sep 26, 2010.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

As requested, i am going to every so often update the wait time and general occupancy of Arcadia Badminton Club in this thread. As i only go there on weekends after 6.00pm, please update this thread if you have reports from other times.

Date:Saturday, Sep. 26, 2010
    Temp: around 90 degrees F, went down to around 80 degrees+ F as the night continued..

7-9pm: barren almost like a desert. only 3 courts occupied. you can keep playing and playing.

9-10.30pm onwards: more people showed up. more courts filled but one can still keep playing without waiting.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Date: Sunday, Sept 26th, 2010
    Temp. : hovering around 90 degrees F (indoor). It stayed that way til around 10:30ish where it dropped to a cool 80+ degrees F..

8-ishpm-10pm: I came in, looked around and asked myself "Where's everybody?"..only 5-6 courts out of 17 courts were used.
    10pm onwards : I asked myself "Why am i still here?". Only 2 courts were used by then.

I chatted with a couple people who came earlier and they told me, the crowd was a bit more from 2:30ish til 6 pm. Courts were all used but there wasn't any wait time. Then died down from 6pm onward.

That is usually the typical crowd on a Sunday evening.

3. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    Day: Mondays/Tuesdays

8-10pm - Quite crowded. Many courts are reserved. I did not wait as we reserved a court but all courts were being played on so I am sure that waiting is required.

After 10pm - Opens up a bit. Empty courts available as people starts to leave

May start to play weekends if its actually that empty.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Once in a while they will have tournaments on weekends (Saturdays usually), so expect the place to be totally packed wall to wall..
    But, generally, the place is less crowded and has zero wait time on weekends. Also on weekends, i think there are more people playing in the morning til afternoon time. Maybe the heat this past weekend is what's causing all the empty courts..

#4 ctjcad, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  5. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    its definitely HOT in here!!

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Date: Saturday, Oct. 1st, 2010
    Temp. : After last weekend's sauna-like weather, the playing temperature dropped to around 80+ degrees F (indoor) when i got in and slowly cooled to around high 70s. But one could still feel a bit of the humidity in the air..

6ish-11ish pm: Plenty of courts available, at max. abt 9 courts used out of 17 courts, to lowest of 6 courts used. The crowd dwindled a bit as the night continued but the number of available courts stayed relatively the same throughout.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Date: Saturday, Oct. 9th & Sunday Oct. 10th
    Temp. : back to being warm but not as warm as 2 weeks ago..

6ish-10ish pm: Ditto as in previous weeks. Plenty of courts available.

This coming Saturday, however, there will be a tournament, so i'd expect the gym to be slightly full.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Date: Saturday, Oct. 16th
    Temp. : feels like Fall weather...perfect weather to play baddy..

6ish-9ish pm: Came there and the gym was packed; of course there was a tourney going on. No open courts available while 7 courts were reserved for the tourney. Wait time for the other courts, about 1 match.
    After around 8ish, more courts were available. Around 9ish, after the champions of the Level A group lifted the trophies and took pics, only abt 9 total courts were used.

#8 ctjcad, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Date: Saturday, Oct. 30th

7ish-10ish pm: Half the gym was empty, w/ a max. of 10 courts out of 17 courts were used.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Date: Saturday, Nov. 6th

7ish-11:30ish pm: Same as last week...this will be the last update until the crowd level changes significantly..Morning to late afternoon is usually more crowded..

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Date: Saturday, Dec. 5th

3:30ish-9:00ish pm: Came a bit earlier..most of the courts were taken but still a few open ones. Another Fiipino group, a good size, seems to spruce up out of nowhere, as it was my first time noticing them. They used abt 3 courts and definitely were having a ball of a time..But by 8ish pm, only abt 4-5 courts were used..It's that holiday time of the year, so the club could be slowing down a bit..
    *Btw, heard the Philippines Badminton Club group will have their annual Christmas luncheon/dinner on the 18th..