Wilson Recon BLX vs Wilson Jet BLX?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Badminchess, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Badminchess

Badminchess Regular Member

I'm wondering which one of these racquets would suit me better? Right now I'm using a Black Knight Photon PCV, but after using it for close to a year, my arm has gotten stronger and I think my faster swings might be damaging my shoulder :eek: Every time I play for a long time the front of my racquet arm becomes very sore. I'm trying to find a racquet that's more powerful but is good for a fast player with pretty good endurance (as long as I remember to eat between games at tournaments, I don't end up being tired usually :D) who is very aggressive and who likes playing singles, doubles and mixed. I'm a 16 year old badminton player that plays badminton about 3-4 times a week for a couple hours each time and plays in tournaments year round.

2. Badminchess

Somebody answer me please D: Bump

3. what07

what07 Regular Member

The Wilson Jet BLX should be better IMO because it's light and headheavy balance which you can use for doubles / mixed but should be good enough for some singles play also.

The Recon is more heavier and is considered a singles racket according to wilson, I never tried it tho so I wouldn't know.

4. lhkjacky

lhkjacky Regular Member

Student
    Why don’t you consider BLX Vertex?
    Jonas rasmusen(Denmark) use it for men double.
    Shintaro Ikeda池田 信太郎(Japan) use it for mix double.
    news_1264_1.JPG
    周文龙(China) use it for man single.
    38326937.jpg

Jet BLX has less power.
    Recon BLX may be a bit slow for double.

I got a Vertex BLX and I think it is good balance between speed and power and control.

Attached Files:

#4 lhkjacky, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  5. Badminchess

I'd consider Vertex but they don't sell it here :( Although my friend may sell me his Krypton for 80 bucks or so, I may try that one out since I can actually test it unlike the recon or jet >.<

6. Badminchess

Never mind he's not selling it D:

7. direstraits

direstraits Regular Member

Professional Whiner
    It may not be useful for you now that I see this thread so long since you asked the question, but from what I gather you are an above average player, and so would recommend the recon over the jet. I've tried both, and found the jet a little too flexible. If you are a power player the recon would be more suitable. If you're smashing lots and it's starting to hurt, perhaps it's due to your racket not being stiff enough?

8. Badminchess

o.o

I found out the shoulder issue seems to have mainly been caused by the fact that my shoulder joints were actually out of place when I saw a chiropractor :eek: So it may not have been the racquet hurting my shoulder :eek: Although, I am trying some stiffer racquets through a coach I have that happens to have Wilson racquets, so I think something will work out for me eventually, thanks everyone :D