Need help choosing racket please! =]

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by shadowfuri, Sep 27, 2010.

1. shadowfuri

shadowfuri Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys!

I'm new here, but I've had a quick look around the forum and you guys seem very knowledgeable so hopefully I can get some useful advice.

As it is, I am looking for a new racket, my current one, a Fleet Tank Power 100 Offensive, is cheap and serves me relatively well, however I'm having to replace the strings every 12 hours of play or so, which is really burning a hole in my wallet, maybe the grommet system is stuffing up but I figured I would replace the racket anyway.

I have been playing for almost 5 years and have also owned a Yonex MP 28 (seemed mediocre to me), a Yonex NS 6000 (did not like the insane amount of flexibility in shaft). However, I'm mainly looking for a yonex racket which is either similar to my previous fleet one or is adjusted to my game play, either is good.

Thanks for any help in advance guys! :D

As a point of reference
    1. How often do you play, how serious are you? Approximately two 3 hour sessions a week.
    2. What style of player are you? I would consider myself a balanced player, winning more through maneuverability and gameplay, none of my shots really excel. I would not consider myself an aggressive or net player.
    3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance? A balance of both if it is possible
    4. How much money do you want to spend? Up to $250 USD

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Voltric 70 would be a good one to try.

3. shadowfuri

Student
    Thanks for the recommendation, but after some looking around, I can't seem to find much information on this newer racket.

However, after browsing this forum for another 2 hours, I've become interested in either the Arc10 or the NS9900. Given my playstyle; mainly singles, control, my shots are very varied and situational (I do smash, but not that much). I want something which will give me relatively easy clears, accurate drops and decent smashes. Any more suggestions?

Thanks in advance =]

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Arc10 then, would be a good choice for singles.

However, not NS9900. That's for doubles, too head light for singles.

If I were in your shoes, I would wait for couple more weeks until reviews of Voltric 70 come out. It seems to be a promising racket.

5. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

VT70 is already came out here in Australia. I tested it twice :)

If you want a balance racket, VT70 is not a bad choice as well as the Arc series

6. shadowfuri

Student
    Definitely considering the Arc10, but what about the AT900T and AT900P, what are the differences between these and the Arc10?

7. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

With the AT900 you can feel straight away the head heaviness, where as Arc10 is a lot more balance. Stiffness wise i think they almost the same, but because ATs are head heavier hence it feels a bit more flex.

8. shadowfuri

Student
    Thanks yoppy!
    I know there's not too much info on it yet, but can anyone please tell me how the Voltric 70 compares to Arc10, NS9900, and AT900P?

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Paul Stewart seems to think the ARC8DX is the much improved version of the ARC10, also balanced but very responsive and powerful.

10. shadowfuri

Student
    Does anyone know where I can find details specs on my Fleet Tank Power 100 Offensive? Their main site doesn't have it... I will probably end up buying either of Arc10, Arc8Dx or NS9900, whichever is more alike to my old racket.

Thanks!

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Looks closer to the Armortec range or a Carbonex 30 should they have it at stadiumsports ...

Fleet Tank Power 100 Offensive

* Titanium graphite ultra power frame

* Nano technology for extra frame strength

* Head-heavy and stiffer shaft for power players

* Rec. tension: 18-28 lb; Black+Silver

[​IMG]

12. shadowfuri

Student
    Thanks man! That was really helpful! Judging by my previous racket, which of Arc10 and Arc8DX do you think would most suit my liking, AT900P also sounds nice, but I would like a little more control in my game since I don't really see myself as an aggressive player.

Thanks again everyone!