Gosen String Testing

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by lengtai, Feb 26, 2003.

1. lengtai

lengtai Regular Member

I recently tested some Gosen strings, GS88 (.66mm) and Roots Titan B505Ti (.69mm) with Cab8 rackets. The main reason for my test is to compare that with Yonex BG65 which cost more than Gosen's GS88, B505Ti or Alan SUshi Special. Basically, the BANG for the buck!

GS88
    ====
    Tension: 25/26 lbs
    Results: better than BG65 but a little weak in power when it comes to smash and control. I wonder is it because of the tension that I set at the stringing machine.

Next: Will try at higher tension 26/27 lbs.

Titan B505Ti
    =========
    Tension: 26/27 lbs
    Results: Very good response in smash and control. It didn't last more than a game. It is posssible I hit shuttle at the wrong angle and broke the string.

Next: Will try lower tension 25/26 lbs.

Anyone with experience with these kind of strings in terms of tension setting?

Thanks.

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Racquet Services
    Check your grommets for wearing out not on the inner part of the frame but on the outer part of the frame.

Cheers,
    Nick

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Using Roots Ti (B505Ti) on my MM90 for about 10 hrs of playing. Agree with the power, seems way better than my old buddy BG65. However, this string is a little bit bouncy (might because I increased tension to 22*24), and a little bit out of control sometimes.

However, need more playing time to get a better review on this one.

4. lengtai

lengtai Regular Member

Gosen B505Ti

I restrung my racket to 24/25 lbs. Tested with couple of games in double with lots of smashes and drives. The string didn't break and was impressed with the string in terms of power and control. I think setting the tension to 24/25 lbs is a good for my Cab8 racket. I am switching to B505Ti from BG65 for good since it is less expensive and provide very good perfromance.