Carlton AB2000 vs AS-Ti

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mozartcova, Feb 26, 2003.

1. mozartcova

mozartcova Regular Member

Hi all,

I can't seem to differentiate the AB2000 and AS-Ti. Anyone know how are they different? I own Ab2000 and I like it. But I'm looking for a backup. AS-Ti is the closest, I think. Also, what string is best for Ab2000 or AS-Ti? Gosen, Ashway, or Yonex? I have tried Bg-80 and BG-85, they both pretty good but break easily too. That's not a problem as I string my own racket. But I would like to try some other brand/model that is more powerful, perhaps?

Thanks.

2. QWJr

QWJr Regular Member

I think the AS Ti should be the closest Cartlon model to the AB 2000, as it is the successor of of the 2000. The forthcoming Carlton "Pro" seems to be the successor of the AS Ti. Besides, it seems that there are quiet a few AB 2000 still available in Germany.

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    AB 2000

I prefer AB 2000 over AS Ti any day.

4. mozartcova

mozartcova Regular Member

Got a chance to play with my AS-ti over the weekend. Very light racket. AB 2000 is head heavier than AS-TI for sure. Because AS-Ti is so light, I kept hitting the frame. I will give it another try this weekend. If I can't get the power out of it, I'm selling it and buy myself another AB 2000.