Can We Do Something?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by pBmMalaysia, Sep 30, 2010.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I came across this and very sad news for the oon family

their 20 yr old daughter is in coma or brain dead and in need of money for operation

i hope bc members can take a moment to read and help by contributing toward the cost.

please do contribute any amount and also pass the info around.

all donations will be forwarded to them through kwun (kwun, thanks a million for making it easy :) )

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2010/9/29/north/7121472&sec=north

From The Star
    Wednesday September 29, 2010

Family of brain dead girl clings to hope

THE family members of a 20-year-old girl pronounced brain dead by the hospital are still hoping she can wake up.

Oon Beng Tek, 49, the father of Him Yee, said his daughter suffered serious head injuries after a road accident on Aug 27 at about 3am on Jalan Bagan Jermal.

“My daughter, a shuttler in the state badminton team, went for supper with a college friend after training that day.

“Her friend was riding pillion on the motorcycle when they were involved in a collision with a car,” he said during a press conference at state Health, Welfare, Caring Society and Environment Committee chairman Phee Boon Poh’s office yester-day.

Oon, a hawker, said his daughter was warded at Penang Hospital’s intensive care unit (ICU) on the day of the accident and a doctor told the family that she was brain dead on Sept 9.

“We still have hope for her and refuse to give up.

“We are hoping to transfer her to a private hospital but were told that it would cost over RM100,000 for surgery and treatment.

“Her friend succumbed to her head injuries on Sept 3, about two weeks after being awarded in the ICU,” he added.

Him Yee had been a state badminton player since primary school and played in the singles and doubles categories.

Phee, who appealed to the public for financial help, said he would obtain a medical report from the Penang Hospital on the actual condition of the victim.

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    ok, kwun

i would like to make my donation of rm100

please advise

thanks

3. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Call up The Star to ask for contact information on how to relay your donation to the family.