User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lee Jae Bok's New Website

Coach Lee Jae Bok has a new coaching website that will be interest to BC members:

http://www.coachingbadminton.com

It has just been launched.

There are some minor flaws that Coach Lee and his website team may still be fixing up but it is now available.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is absolutely fantastic, I love his passion for the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The site looks nice, with different categories for players, coaches etc. Thanks for sharing...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see that Lee is resurrecting this after a long break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elderplayer View Post
    Coach Lee Jae Bok has a new coaching website that will be interest to BC members:

http://www.coachingbadminton.com

It has just been launched.

There are some minor flaws that Coach Lee and his website team may still be fixing up but it is now available.
    Coach Lee Jae Bok has changed access to his new videos on the website from a monthly subscription to a more affordable inexpensive pay-per-view mode. 1 UK pound for 4 pay-per-view credits, 5 UK pounds for 20, 10 UK pounds for 50 or 20 UK pounds for 120.

A per-per-view credit allows a subscriber to view one of the new videos up to 4 times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we are paying for the video, we should have the facility to download for future viewing, but they have not provided it, how can we do that?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bbi2004 View Post
    When we are paying for the video, we should have the facility to download for future viewing, but they have not provided it, how can we do that?
    Allowing people to download paid-for videos is asking for trouble. It's just too easy for someone to take that video file and put it on YouTube (or wherever). That's the main reason they don't provide a download.

Out of respect for the efforts of Lee, I suggest we do not discuss ways of circumventing this security.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gollum: Im not sure it solves the problem... Anyway, I guess interactive videos will not have theese problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE]Allowing people to download paid-for videos is asking for trouble. It's just too easy for someone to take that video file and put it on YouTube (or wherever). That's the main reason they don't provide a download.

Out of respect for the efforts of Lee, I suggest we do not discuss ways of circumventing this security.[/QUOTE]

If it a trouble for them as it may go to other hand, they should not restrict to 4 VIEWS. As we have paid for the video, we have right to view it many times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it a trouble for them as it may go to other hand, they should not restrict to 4 VIEWS. As we have paid for the video, we have right to view it many times.
    I think you got it wrong. You are paying for a limited right (4 viewing) to view the video. You do not own the video. It is no difference from buying a license from Microsoft that allows you limited right to use Windows on 1 PC.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As weeyah explained, you do not have that right.

However, I agree with you that it's a frustrating system. I don't like it, and I can't imagine myself ever implementing a system like that. Lee seems to like this sort of system, though.
    Last edited by Gollum; 11-04-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just subscribed, watched most of the footwork videos. Very, very good stuff. Simple, yet effective. The best explanation of footwork rhythm I've seen yet.

Had some problems subscribing, Lee himself came to my rescue and the issue was solved with a few emails. Recommended.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now it has videos of elbow position when smashing, which hadn't known.

I always find Lee's explanation fantastic, and he is probably the best person to communicate his ideas to the people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx, but I strongly disagree on this particular techinue that he shows about the preparation for the smash.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mikael: I think it is excellent that you have this attitude! It is one that means you are striving for excellence - and your OWN understanding.

It does not mean you think Lee is wrong, obviously he is a world class coach and player, its just that you think his technique he described is not right for you, as far as you know. On the one hand, you should accept what a good coach tells you, because they know what they are talking about after all but on the other hand, no one person has ALL the answers for everyone. In this situation Lee has shown you what he believes to be important about smashing. You have heard this, interpreted it, decided that this bit of advice is not for you, probably based on some other experience, your own, or that of another coach/player. However, despite disagreeing you have not said it in such a way as to be disrespectful to the person or their views.

A bit off topic, but I like to hear people questioning what they are being told and doing so with appropriate respect.

Matt

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    I think you got it wrong. You are paying for a limited right (4 viewing) to view the video. You do not own the video. It is no difference from buying a license from Microsoft that allows you limited right to use Windows on 1 PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    As weeyah explained, you do not have that right.

However, I agree with you that it's a frustrating system. I don't like it, and I can't imagine myself ever implementing a system like that. Lee seems to like this sort of system, though.
    I respectfully disagree.

Your Microsoft license is not exactly a subscription. And you can use it on your one system in perpetuity; not just 4 times a day or something...

If a customer has paid to subscribe to a certain lesson, that lesson (video) should be made available online to him for a certain period (6 months? 1 year?) rather than a certain number of times. It gives the customer the latitude to check the video as often as he may need to, within a reasonable time range, and get full value for money. The IP owner's rights are protected as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Mikael about the video about smashing with regards elbow, think his idea is off here and it not how players with powerful steep smashes smash. It even says below video 'The power is generating from elbow not from turning body'. erm...

Like the one about picking shuttle up using racket, themethod he shows makes it much easier than how I used to do it. Tried it in the kitchen its easy when you know how!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast