User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 35 to 42 of 42
  1. #35
    Regular Member what07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok dokkie

    Now back on topic.

  2. #36
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,808
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Surajaya mentioned on the first page,
    frame stability
    as a criterion for selection.

    So now we're talking technology. Is this really going to play a crucial role in selection? My thinking goes: if I am making such a production of selecting the racquet, I will go for racquets that incorporate a certain quality of manufacture, and that includes materials used etc.

    Your thoughts?

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For me, picking a racket is mostly based on feel
    which is a combination of flexibility and strings
    so, on an unstrung racket, flexibility is a huge thing for me
    bs09 vs bs11 was a huge difference in my game and mostly due to the flexibility and string

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Surajaya mentioned on the first page,
    frame stability
    as a criterion for selection.

    So now we're talking technology. Is this really going to play a crucial role in selection? My thinking goes: if I am making such a production of selecting the racquet, I will go for racquets that incorporate a certain quality of manufacture, and that includes materials used etc.

    Your thoughts?
    What I meant with frame stability in my previous post is simple. Normally I just try to twist the frame and if it twist too much, then the racket most likely will vibrate a lot in the game.

    I don't care too much about the technology. If it passed all the test, then it must be good. Technology is just a marketing buzzword for me.
    Last edited by surajaya; 10-04-2010 at 08:15 PM.

  5. #39
    Regular Member urameatball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drill-Sergeant Troll-Face
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my test:
    1) durable
    2) fits my budget
    3) specs look like it 'may' fit my playing style.

    I've given up on figuring out which racquet is 'best for me'... As long as I keep winning, I'm happy with my racquet.

  6. #40
    Regular Member ucantseeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    @home
    Posts
    900
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    9. Gripsize

    It's important. With the wrong gripsize it can feel uncomfortable. If it's too big you lose feel and the ability for using fingerpower. If it's too small you need more layers of grip which change the BP significant and add some weight.

  7. #41
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,808
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surajaya View Post
    What I meant with frame stability in my previous post is simple. Normally I just try to twist the frame and if it twist too much, then the racket most likely will vibrate a lot in the game.

    I don't care too much about the technology. If it passed all the test, then it must be good. Technology is just a marketing buzzword for me.
    Heh! Just hope you aren't the very muscular type...

  8. #42
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,808
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    9. Gripsize

    It's important. With the wrong gripsize it can feel uncomfortable. If it's too big you lose feel and the ability for using fingerpower. If it's too small you need more layers of grip which change the BP significant and add some weight.
    Yeah, good point!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Need field test for prototype racquet
    By taneepak in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 3
    : 01-25-2009, 05:16 PM
  2. Multi-Stage Fitness Test / Bleep Test
    By Neil Nicholls in forum General Forum
    Replies: 7
    : 06-16-2004, 10:27 AM
  3. test
    By ASD in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 04-05-2002, 06:38 PM
  4. Pointfore Racquet Test
    By David Chiu in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 26
    : 05-14-2001, 06:28 PM
  5. just a test
    By Marcel in forum General Forum
    Replies: 21
    : 04-11-2001, 01:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •