User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    how about ZM67@30lbs? that will last much longer than ZM62@30lbs. it is not i don't like your business, but i just want you to get more for your money...
    LOL, last time I strung my ZM62 at 28 lbs and it snapped in the warm up... Good thing I have 2 spools of it and I string my own rackets or I'd be broke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    LOL, last time I strung my ZM62 at 28 lbs and it snapped in the warm up... Good thing I have 2 spools of it and I string my own rackets or I'd be broke.
    I think I gave kwun 10 rackets to string this month and 3-4 last month. I wish i had a machine T___T

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canti View Post
    I think I gave kwun 10 rackets to string this month and 3-4 last month. I wish i had a machine T___T
    11. soon i will be able to quit my job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh 11 rackets at $10 each is already halfway to a Klippermate! or almost halfway to your own Shuttle Express!

I myself got inundated this week, I have 10 badminton and 3 tennis plus one racquetball racket. So many....

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

will be stringing my 150th racket this week.

just extended my client base to another group of my friends. i think i will soon have saturated my capacity. i don't think i can manage anything more than 20 rackets a month without making too much sacrifice in my regular life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will be stringing my 150th racket this week.

just extended my client base to another group of my friends. i think i will soon have saturated my capacity. i don't think i can manage anything more than 20 rackets a month without making too much sacrifice in my regular life.
    Send me some of your peninsula clients I won't mind

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    Send me some of your peninsula clients I won't mind
    haha sure, but then i don't have any clients up north. mainly because it is uneconomical to do so. just driving up there and back will be $5 gas money. and also since i don't go up there to play, i don't know many people there and therefore no word of mouth.

most of my clients are my circle of badminton friends down south.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

just finished my 175th string job this week.

i find that i can do a pretty consistent 27 mins string job. given no screw up on the way. some of the time saving came from incremental speed up with weaving crosses with more and more practice. but also i have been refining my technique on tensioning/weaving mains. now i do one by one (no pre-weaving). however, i achieved some concurrency by weaving the next main immediately after i engage the electronic tensioner. so while the tensioner is doing its job, i am also doing mine at the same time. that saved around 2mins.

i have been trying to do the same for cross string but i find that i ended up taking more time as the positioning of my fingers needing to weave the cross is not agreeing with the positioning of the tensioner. i need to refine that but once i do, i might be able to save another 2 mins. which in theory will bring me down to 25 mins.

the disadvantage now then is that the tensioner will have less time to stretch out the string so i change the setting to do a slow pull instead of fast pull. hopefully that will iron out some tension slack.

weaving main is now around 9mins total and the rest goes to weaving cross.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

strung my 200th racket this weekend.

started a new flow for cross strings. instead of my old pre-weave 4 to 8 strings, and then tension in batch, now i weave one tension one. and use the skip one string method to always weave a soft weave.

the weaving part is smooth, but the flow requires a lot of flip-floping between different sub-jobs which makes it a bit slower.

but i do know that the string stays tensioned longer on the tensioner which is better for settling on the right tension.

cross weaving is super fast, as it is actually harder to make a mis-weave mistake then to do a perfect job. partly also because i weave when the string is on the tensioner, which means the turntable is stabilized and that also make it easier to string.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for continuing to share the story of the refinement of your stringing process.
    Interesting how you've dissected each component to a certain number of minutes in your effort to shave off more and more time.
    Surely, though, there must be a limit to how quickly you can do a good job?

There's a short story by Stephen King in which a woman is continuously looking for a shorter way from the city to her cottage. One day she arrives with the odometer reading fewer miles than the distance is as the crow flies. She has a strange otherwordly aura about her and there are some pretty unusual things splattered on her grill.
    So kwun, keep up with your time-shaving but don't mess with Relativity.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    Heh 11 rackets at $10 each is already halfway to a Klippermate! or almost halfway to your own Shuttle Express!

I myself got inundated this week, I have 10 badminton and 3 tennis plus one racquetball racket. So many....
    i keep telling myself that 200 racket is halfway to a Victor C7030! but wifey says, "what's wrong with your current machine?"

*blank*

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    Thank you for continuing to share the story of the refinement of your stringing process.
    Interesting how you've dissected each component to a certain number of minutes in your effort to shave off more and more time.
    Surely, though, there must be a limit to how quickly you can do a good job?

There's a short story by Stephen King in which a woman is continuously looking for a shorter way from the city to her cottage. One day she arrives with the odometer reading fewer miles than the distance is as the crow flies. She has a strange otherwordly aura about her and there are some pretty unusual things splattered on her grill.
    So kwun, keep up with your time-shaving but don't mess with Relativity.
    in a few years i will be able to defy law of physics!

it is not just a process of speeding up, but also a process of refining the quality, resulting in a more optimal overall process.

stupid engineer traits...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bit curious, what do you mean by "hard weaving"? I'm not a big fan of pre-weaving so i just weave, tension, weave, tension. It takes a crazy amount of time but at least i haven't broken any racquets yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to completely weave the cross string then tension them all the same time one after another. I'm onto 350 string jobs.....also just ordered a Wise and Eagnas 910 combo. Let's see how this stacks up to what I'm currently using a Smart 6000
    Last edited by AZbadman; 10-26-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: adding stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AZbadman View Post
    I like to completely weave the cross string then tension them all the same time one after another. I'm onto 350 string jobs.....also just ordered a Wise and Eagnas 910 combo. Let's see how this stacks up to what I'm currently using a Smart 6000
    I thought Smart 6000 tension-head is true constant pull ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    I thought Smart 6000 tension-head is true constant pull ?

It is a true constant pull and I've used it for over 300 racquets, but unfortunately, it malfunctions a lot. I went ahead an bought the other stringer as a back up while I send my Smart 6000 in for service.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logged in 1719 rackets this year, not including tournaments, maybe another 500ish. 1 more month and maybe 70ish I havent logged in yet.
    more tournaments next year I hope!! =P
    strung my 200th racket this weekend.

started a new flow for cross strings. instead of my old pre-weave 4 to 8 strings, and then tension in batch, now i weave one tension one. and use the skip one string method to always weave a soft weave.

the weaving part is smooth, but the flow requires a lot of flip-floping between different sub-jobs which makes it a bit slower.

but i do know that the string stays tensioned longer on the tensioner which is better for settling on the right tension.

cross weaving is super fast, as it is actually harder to make a mis-weave mistake then to do a perfect job. partly also because i weave when the string is on the tensioner, which means the turntable is stabilized and that also make it easier to string.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast