Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

450 this year?!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i am on my 450th racket.

while AK ( @kakinami ) probably do that when he sleeps, that's quite a lot of racket for me as a part time stringer.

looking back at my previous jobs and the current one, there is a definite difference. a year ago i was much more clumsy, there is a certain level of hesitation whatever i was doing. today the flow is smoother and esp on the weaving, doing softweave is much much better than local pre-weave. while speed is not everything, it does indicate a level of getting more competent at the job. and the time reduction from ~24mins to ~20mins is not bad.

a year ago (April 2012):

today (March 2013):

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kakinami View Post
    450 this year?!!!!
    you mean you don't get 450 racket in 3 months?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well i don't believe this thread has been going on for almost 4 years.

I just finished my 575th stringjob. if you have been paying attention, the number of jobs has slowed down, only 125 or so for this year. It is due to a combination of factors but mainly life just gets in the way and I haven't been as proactive in seeking out clients. and honestly sometimes even then i get a pretty sizeable backlog. but i guess this is what so good about recreational stringer as my living don't depend on it so there is nothing to stress out for.

however, that doesn't mean things are standing still either. the process has been refined even more. fixed clamp all the way now and main/cross ratio have changed. nowadays it is not uncommon to finish in 19-20min and anything above 22mins would be consider slow. this is even given I have moved back to fixed clamps which is slightly slower than flying clamps.

i think i have gotten to the point where the process is already programmed into my motor neurons. i don't need to pay that much attention on the stringing anymore, or shall i say i can spend some of my attention span on other things as well.

the flow will probably keep get refining but likely it will be on the more subtle and less observable part like tension ratio and perhaps a change to a different tensioning pattern all together.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7