User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kakinami, that is truly prodigious! You've pressed more string in your life than Eddie van Halen and John Williams put together! Awesome.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caught up loggin in rackets 12/2/11 logged in 1818 at Synergy plus 688 for tournaments. Synergy has logged over 2500 rackets this year!!! SWEET!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Awesome

Last October I started my very first Stringing and only completed 300 in total in the past 12 months. To do 2500 per year means 50 rackets per week - that is awesome and crazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's CRAZY. This just shows how small of a city i'm in... I've strung... 13 racquets this year for money and 3 club racquets (no charge)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done counting for the year!!! 2013 in the shop. 688 tournaments 255 tennis club= 2956 for 2011. Gonna try to keep better trail of rackets this year =)

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kakinami View Post
    Done counting for the year!!! 2013 in the shop. 688 tournaments 255 tennis club= 2956 for 2011. Gonna try to keep better trail of rackets this year =)
    i bow in your general direction, AK!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kakinami View Post
    That is an average of 8.1 rackets for each day of the year.
    Or another way of looking at is that for every 2.97 hours of your life, you have strung a racket. Doesn't leave a lot of time for a hobby.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    That is an average of 8.1 rackets for each day of the year.
    Or another way of looking at is that for every 2.97 hours of your life, you have strung a racket. Doesn't leave a lot of time for a hobby.
    Thanks for the stats!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...so I've now completed my third string job, and what have I learned? Well, quite a lot already, and I certainly won't be going back to my local stringing shop (at 17 a time). I'm pretty certain now that they have not always strung my rackets at the tension I've asked for.
    Hope to improve speed and quality of my stringing with practise - I'll use two identical rackets in rotation, and re-string each every four weeks to give me practise (so I'll be stringing a racket at least every two weeks). The satisfaction of playing with a racket you have strung yourself is very pleasing.
    In my stringing log I'm also recording the musical pitch of the strung racket when the strings are tapped (e.g. Arcsaber Omega @ 18 LBS BG65 comes out at the note 'E'), and will track how this changes as the strings stretch with playing.
    Went for a dropweight machine with fixed clamps in the end which I lke and will do for me, although I already feel that a locking turntable would have its uses. Music whilst stringing is good...a new hobby is born.

smautf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi kwan,
    i am new to this forum, and i am interested about the different type of technique/method discussed.
    would u mind to tell me what is yonex stringing pattern, haribito and others method.

from all of those, which do u think is good for social player ( play twice a week)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always taken the yonex pattern to mean that with the outer most main strings instead of working all the way out, you go from bottom grommet 9 to 12, then back down to 10 (remember that grommet 11 is cross only). I think the theory is that it's better at holding tension, and as a bonus i can generally get the strings to sit much neater that way too.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ksmok View Post
    hi kwan,
    i am new to this forum, and i am interested about the different type of technique/method discussed.
    would u mind to tell me what is yonex stringing pattern, haribito and others method.

from all of those, which do u think is good for social player ( play twice a week)
    i believe everyone should start with the Yonex pattern. it is a standard pattern that is pretty simple to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i believe everyone should start with the Yonex pattern. it is a standard pattern that is pretty simple to do.
    thanks kwun,
    could u provide any visualise material to show how does Yonex method look and how to string the yonex pattern?

tq

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ksmok View Post
    thanks kwun,
    could u provide any visualise material to show how does Yonex method look and how to string the yonex pattern?

tq
    1) Welcome
    2) Can you do a search before you ask question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear all, I wonder could anyone please give me some instruction how to mount a racket onto a pros pro xp plus manual stringing machine. It has a six point holder. I have already messed up my belove v80. While I m stringing, I could see the racket moving. I have secured all six points. Please advise what went wrong. I only started to string rackets last month. I used one string with 2 knots system. I strung my racket 22lb straight n 24lb cross, but only the mid half, the bottom 4 cross I strung 22lb. Is this correct way? Please help

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keat888 View Post
    Dear all, I wonder could anyone please give me some instruction how to mount a racket onto a pros pro xp plus manual stringing machine. It has a six point holder. I have already messed up my belove v80. While I m stringing, I could see the racket moving. I have secured all six points. Please advise what went wrong. I only started to string rackets last month. I used one string with 2 knots system. I strung my racket 22lb straight n 24lb cross, but only the mid half, the bottom 4 cross I strung 22lb. Is this correct way? Please help
    you need to post a pics or video of what you are doing. that way we can tell you what you are doing wrong.

mounting the frame should be rather straight forward. there isn't much that needs to be done except to make sure it is reasonably secure.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i am on my 450th racket.

while AK ( @kakinami ) probably do that when he sleeps, that's quite a lot of racket for me as a part time stringer.

looking back at my previous jobs and the current one, there is a definite difference. a year ago i was much more clumsy, there is a certain level of hesitation whatever i was doing. today the flow is smoother and esp on the weaving, doing softweave is much much better than local pre-weave. while speed is not everything, it does indicate a level of getting more competent at the job. and the time reduction from ~24mins to ~20mins is not bad.

a year ago (April 2012):

today (March 2013):

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast