Do not buy from badmintonwarehouse.com

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by syookhong, Oct 2, 2010.

1. syookhong

syookhong New Member

Hey guys,

After reading through the website about which racket to buy, i decided i was gonna get the AT900P with 3U4G. Now I went to a website suggested by a thread on badmintoncentral, which is badmintonwarehouse.com. On the site, it clearly states that the AT900P which they had is a 3U4G so i bought it. Upon receiving the item, I had forgotten to check the specification to see if it was a Japanese with 3U4G, so i tore the plastic on the handle, but had not played with it. Until my friends noted that the weight was somewhat light so i checked the specification and saw that it was a 4U4G. Also, I ordered a Yonex RED grap, and received a Yonex Orange grap. I called badmintonwarehouse.com and told them my story. They said that they could not accept the racket back because i tore the plastic, and the best thing they could do was give me a $50 refund. The guy i talked to was also a **** (sorry about language) and the customer service sucks balls. I had to call them 4 times before they pick up the phone. Now im stuck with the 4U4G which I did not want at all. Im assuming that there are many misleading information about their products in their website, so be careful when you buy from them, or better, dont buy from them at all.

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#2 demolidor, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Online purchase is difficult to return. Did they claim that their Yonex stuff are Japanese coded? I would assume SP coded in most Yonex products available online. Also, returns are expensive since you have to ship it back to them. Yes, it's their mistake for shipping out the wrong spec but your mistake was to rip off the plastic covering before you examine the product properly. Mistakes do happen, but if they make the mistakes often enough, they shouldn't be in business for long.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    since it is a US based store. i would assume it is US coded (and Made in Japan). not sure what Yonex can do with people selling SP rackets in the US, but it seems to be rare so far.

5. syookhong

syookhong New Member

Yep, it is US coded and made in Japan. I know its my mistake to rip the plastic out of excitement, but their misleading product information ticks me off. AT first they told me they would only give me $20, but i called and complain so they gave me $50, but im still pissed. Bad experience since my first purchse

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    so you mean you get to keep the racket and get a $50 refund?

that's pretty good, actually, you can sell i easily without much loss.

7. syookhong

syookhong New Member

yea, how much should i sell it?

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I'm not so sure they would give a refund and allow you to keep the racquet as well. Better check and confirm with them.

9. syookhong

syookhong New Member

they told me i had to keep the racket, but they would give me $50 refund because of their misleading product information

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it does make a little bit of sense.

$50 refund still give them a little bit of a margin. they won't earn as much as profit as before but since they make the mistake, it is their fault and they don't deserve to make money out of it.

if he was to press for a return, then they won't earn a penny and may even make a loss on shipping and handling costs.

11. syookhong

syookhong New Member

All i can tell is their customer service sucks big time