Need a racket with a durable!! handle

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by greblu, Oct 2, 2010.

1. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    I have a real handle problem, they are always breaking even the top Yonex models (like NS 9900) do not last long. Today the handle of my last good racket (yang yang Tactic 9000) unfortunately broke and the racket frame shattered while hitting the gym roof:eek:... so i cant repair it.
    So i am asking you players with a real hard smash (speed of top class level) what racket with a durable handle can you extol?
    The racket should have a thin and durable handle, and have a balance point (280-290) and feeling (medium stiff) similar to the Yang Yang's Tactic 9000 (i think its between balanced and a little head heavy) Weight: 3U,4U
    I just don't want to buy/ repair my rackets every 3 weeks because of a broken handle. I always played with rackets with wood handle, how does none wood handles feel and how durable are they?
    How are the ling ning rackets in therms of handle durability, have their anyone had problems with broken handles?

My play style is aggressive, and is more based on my raw speed than of deceptive tactical shots. I normally try to optimize my food work an relay on movements tricks (stretch-shortening cycle) to reach the shuttle as fast as possible. I just try to get never in a defensive position, by playing on fast shot after an other until i can use my hard smash.
    I mainly play singles.
    Whats about the warranty of Yonex rackets can i keep sending them to rapier after a broken handle, or do they repair it just ones a say i use to much power or cheat when i keep sending them back?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Wow, either you practice Tae Kwon Do, or you have the grip of a gorilla!

LD uses LiNing N90 right? So if it's durable enough for him, it should be fine for you too.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#3 demolidor, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D N90 is quite a close match for 280-290bp medium flex ;) We don't exactly saw him breaking AT700 handles either before.
    Maybe we should ask if the rackets were actually genuine but given a Yang Yang among them let's give it the benefit of the doubt ...

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Yep. This should last you a bit more than 3 weeks...

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i want to point out that one piece carbon handle don't usually mean more durability. i had a Carlton one piece carbon handle, and it cracked. i looked inside and it turns out the carbon handle is hollow. there is a thin carbon casing and everything inside is just air. a little crack in the structure will mean that there is no other material to support it.

i have never broken a wooden handle before.

i think the strongest would be a carbon fiber wrapped wooden handle.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

I see my error now...

greblu, if you're so strong and powerful that you're breaking handles so often,
    maybe you should consider playing with stiff 3U bp 305mm head heavier rackets that are meant for more powerful singles players,
    rather than your current 4U medium flex 285mm bp rackets.

are you breaking it at the cap where it meets the handle or the shaft? or is th handle disintegrating?

I have a feeling it's the former...

8. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

i think the arcsaber z-slash if you are a aggressive player

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    does it have a stronger handle?

10. drew tze en

yes !! i have and so does my friend and we smash a lot in games !!

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Have you ever broken a handle before then ;)?

13. drew tze en

who are you talking to ?
    If it is me no I havent

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Haha yes that was for you (and partner). Well if you haven't broken one before you can't really say one handle is stronger than another really (can you?). I'm more inclined to think greblu had some cheap fakes (but let's wait for the answer on that ...).

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    greblu,

where did you buy your rackets from? if from an authorized Yonex dealer and bought not long ago, you can ask for a warranty replacement.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    very correct logic.

17. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    The Victor Castillus seem to be a perfect racket for me, but its flexible -.- i have already played with a flexible victor racket, but when I hit hard with a flexible racket it feels weirdly and there is a lacks of power and precision.
    I already have already played with the SW 35 (victor), but i get problems with my forearm muscles (muscle hardening) when the racket is too stiff and head heavy. (maybe my smash technic is a bit different from other players) That's why i use more balanced and medium stiff rackets.
    the NS 9900 i bought from my couch, who gets his rackets from Indonesian national team. (he knows lots of the players, who are sponsored by Yonex and who don't use all their rackets and give them to him for sale.) So he sells them for 1/2 of the list price. But the Racket felt very genuinely, no vibrations, no torsion(t-joint), lots of power, right balance point, stiff, good paint work...(I observed it because i know their are lots of fake rackets out there.) And the returning of the racket was no problem.
    The yang yang rackets (the most durable handle racket i have had up to now) i got from an official yang yang trader in Europe. forza(broken) i bought at a tournament, victor sw35 (near break point, handle feels gummy when I hit hard) from an official treader. And my karakal rackets (broken) from an offical treader too (he even repaired 2 of them for free).
    But I also tried some fake rackets (real cheap ns 9900 ones) from eBay, they performed good (but they are all broken). But one of them lasted longer than the genuin racket :p 3 weeks +, the other broke at my first smash....
    The point where they break is always the same. They are braking at the point where the shaft absolute ends(in the handle). When it breaks I have the lower 2/3 oft the handle in my hand and the upper 1/3 fly away with the frame or gets caught in my grip tape. The handle brakes always into two parts. Only one repaired racket cracked from the upper end of the handle.

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Wow! Could it be that it is not a racquet or handle problem any more, but maybe a racquet gripping problem?

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Wow! I think Panda Dinkalot should hire you as an European racket durabilty testing consultant for his line of rackets! :eek::D

20. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    lol, I am actually a student of material science...

I am interested in the "Panda Power: Precision", the stats of this racket and the thin handle (hope its durable) are perfect for me. But I don't find the price and place where it is sold in the web. Can anybody help?